PDA

View Full Version : Fedex new schoes?

Fred The Red
03-08-2004, 03:36 AM
I'm almost certain that Federer din't used his
'Air Zoom Breathe's' during the final of Dubai.

Those schoes were mostly white with al little of silver i think...

Can someone confirm this?

:P

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Called the vapors or something, gonna come out in April i believe.

jings
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I hope they are lighter and less cumbersome than the Breathe Frees. Perhaps it's just me but I liked the look of the BFs but on my feet they felt heavy and a tad "fat". So far Vapours look the business I'd say.

voltman
03-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Are these Vapors different than the Vapor cross trainers?

Brian Purdie
03-09-2004, 01:33 PM
where are pics of these shoes? no pics are available on yahoo.

jings
03-09-2004, 06:41 PM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/imageResults.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|15|0|1|3%2 f10%2f2004|2%2f8%2f2004|0|0|0|0|2|roger+federer&p= 2

I'm not clever enough to lift the images but if you page through you get a couple of shots of the Vapors. Implosion like on first impression.[/img]

Fred The Red
03-10-2004, 07:53 AM
I found the shoe in my new local tennis catalogue.

Nike VAPOR S2

with the Zoomair and DRC systems.

Availble from march for 111 euros

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
111 euros?

That's like $130 US, isn't it?

AKA, I'm not buying those, waiting til the breathes cheapen up.

jings
03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Dug this up ... Vapor S2's

http://niketown.nike.com/img/prod/307785/307785_041_POP-1.JPG

doc chikito
03-18-2004, 06:01 AM
this is the one i'm pertaining to that's available in our local Nike outlet.... looks like the vapor.. but named Baseline
http://www.bolliger-schuhe.ch/nike_schuhe_tennis_men.html
http://www.boxn.dk/trade/productview/1848/37/

jings
03-18-2004, 04:23 PM
They look very similar, but there are a couple of small differences on the uppers - doesn't show the tread so can't comment there. I can't help thinking that if they were Vapors they'd call them that, and not Baseline ...

Foo4Everlong
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
FYI: There is going to be a Nike Zoom Air Breathe Free II coming out in April. And I can't wait!!!! The Vapor is not the replacement for the Breathe Free. Later

doc chikito
03-19-2004, 08:09 PM
They look very similar, but there are a couple of small differences on the uppers - doesn't show the tread so can't comment there. I can't help thinking that if they were Vapors they'd call them that, and not Baseline ...

they really do look similar... differences are as you said in the uppers... they don't have zoom air technology in their soles, just regular nike DRCs. Nonetheless i still bought a pair (Baseline), costs around $50... pretty comfortable and lightweight. hope it lasts coz these shellcourts keep ruining our shoes (although DRCs have proven to be much more durable on shellcourts than zoom airs)

jings
03-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with these Baselines - I saw them in a shop yesterday and they look great, very light, and dead ringers for Vapors ... what are Nike trying to do. They're about $50 here as well and if I wasn't waiting for the Vapors would snaffle a pair right now. What I don't understnad is why Nike would make two shoes that are almost identical ... certainly looks-wise.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Wait, where are you guys? Are they available in the states yet, or will they be at all?

And doc, you play on crushed shell courts? What are they like? Do the scrape the crap out of you if you fall?

doc chikito
03-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Wait, where are you guys? Are they available in the states yet, or will they be at all?

And doc, you play on crushed shell courts? What are they like? Do the scrape the crap out of you if you fall?

I live here in the Philippines. Most of the tennis courts here are shellcourts. Only exclusive clubs have hardcourts/rebound ace here.

Shellcourts are somewhat like clay but coarser and a bit hard to time coz you get a lot of bad bounces due to the irregularity of the surface. And yeah, you can't use those dive volleys in here... not unless scrapes and scratches are your sort of thing. :lol:

doc chikito
03-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with these Baselines - I saw them in a shop yesterday and they look great, very light, and dead ringers for Vapors ... what are Nike trying to do. They're about $50 here as well and if I wasn't waiting for the Vapors would snaffle a pair right now. What I don't understnad is why Nike would make two shoes that are almost identical ... certainly looks-wise.

Ihave the Nike Spring '04 catalogue right here and it says that the release for the Vapor S2 AF should be along the release of the Baseline (January '04). If I recall correctly, during the time when the Barricade IIs were released, Adidas also put out a pair similar to the barricades' aesthetics. They were deadringers too...

Here's the specs of the Baseline (as per catalogue):
Profile: An entry-level Speed tennis shoe
Upper: Leather upper with strategically located perforations for excellent breathability. Synthetic toe tip for added durability.
Midsole: Full-length, contoured Phylon midsole provides lightweight comfort and stability. High-density, die-cut recycled EVA sockliner.
Outsole: New Speed Herringbone provides exceptional traction on multiple surfaces while reducing the overall weight. Full-length DRC provides great durability. Medial and lateral forefoot radius have been optimized for maximum motion control.

jings
03-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks Doc - they're not joking about the herring bone sole either, looks awesome, almost like a grass court tread.

PCMD I'm in Singapore, and we tend to get clothing much the same time as the US from what I can tell, no sign of the Vapors yet. If you can spot the Baseliners have a good look, they are a good looking shoe but only seen them in the metallic silver so far. Perhaps the Vapors will have a broader colour line, certainly Fed's white ones look good.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Ya, not to into the silver with the photo blue. Fed's white and red look pretty sweet.

doc chikito
03-22-2004, 01:28 PM
the white and red variant for the Baseline is for the women's. I'm glad to see the Nike put out the same color variant for the men's line in the Vapor series. Since Nikes usually worn themselves out 2-3 months maybe i'll have the chance to get the Vapors after all hehehe :) But i just have the gut feeling that the only difference are the fittings... i'll just have to judge it when i get to wear it someday.