PDA

View Full Version : possible switch to a full pro hurricane tour setup

dpmac
10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
hi guys

i've been using an aramid/poly hybrid (gamma infinity 16 gauge strung at 58 pounds) setup for about a year now, i am not the stringbreaker type

NTRP 3.0 baseliner
aero pro drive + total 10g of lead added to 3 and 9 o'clocks (if this info helps)
plays heavy forehands with not too much spin
single-handed backhand

i'm pretty sick of aramids right now, and comfort is not totally an issue probably cos i've been sticking with aramid hybrids

popping by at a stringer before the end of the week, but i've still not much of an idea what type of strings to go for, but i'm considering the babolat pro hurricane tour 16g, am looking for something with good spin capabilities, light on power and decent durability

please provide me with some stringing suggestions, and if possible, state tension and reasons also

thanks

skuludo
10-25-2006, 03:56 AM
I am poor so I use babolat pro hurricane. Any poly string I can get my hands on. They last just as long as aramid strings. Control is about the same, but I believe that poly has greater power potential.

Tension varies depending on what racket you use.

I've had Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power @ 63lbs that was strung last year on my I Radical os @ 13.6 oz and I get wicked topspin off of it.

I currently have no idea what racket to use. Still searching for my game.

BigServer1
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
hi guys

i've been using an aramid/poly hybrid (gamma infinity 16 gauge strung at 58 pounds) setup for about a year now, i am not the stringbreaker type

NTRP 3.0 baseliner
aero pro drive + total 10g of lead added to 3 and 9 o'clocks (if this info helps)
plays heavy forehands with not too much spin
single-handed backhand

i'm pretty sick of aramids right now, and comfort is not totally an issue probably cos i've been sticking with aramid hybrids

popping by at a stringer before the end of the week, but i've still not much of an idea what type of strings to go for, but i'm considering the babolat pro hurricane tour 16g, am looking for something with good spin capabilities, light on power and decent durability

please provide me with some stringing suggestions, and if possible, state tension and reasons also

thanks

You've been using kevlar and poly hybrids, and you're not a string breaker? I like the Pro Hurricane Tour 17g string, I think that it works well and has a bit more spin then the 16. If you don't break them that often, then go with the 17.