PDA

View Full Version : I like the LM Prestige but......

Alley Cat
08-08-2004, 03:38 PM
can't get the power! I love the control and feel (and have tried a bit of lead tape at 3 & 5) but have not been able to get the "pop" that I had with the HPS 6.1. I realize that its a trade-off, but what have some of you done to get more power? Different strings and tension; more lead tape......or am I destined to use a stiffer or tweener frame to achieve control/power blend? I am mid 40's, flat hitter and have really become enamored with the LM Prestige MP. Its the best control that I have ever had! My dillema is to choose between the power/control of the HPS 6.1 or the control/feel of the LM Prestige. I know its a tough call, but any feedback is appreciated.

kinsella
08-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Try the LM Radical, which has more pop, despite having very similar specs on paper.

BigK35
08-08-2004, 04:26 PM
If you need more power just swing faster and use your hole body mass to power the shot.

-BigK35-

Flatspin
08-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Try a good power synthetic multi. I prefer Bobolat's Powergy 16. String in the middle of the tension range. I prefer 54 to 56 lbs on a lock-out machine. I prefer 56lbs. Forget about adding weight. Try this set-up .... you'll get all the "pop" you want and then some!

rooski
08-08-2004, 05:06 PM
What are you stringing it with?...and at what tension? I found the LM Pres MP is quite string/tension sensitive. My first string job was with 18g poly/syn gut hybrid at 63 lbs and I thought it was actually too powerful strung that way. I had to go up in tension to bring the power down.

If you want more power out of your Prestige, try stringing it at 56 with Prince syn gut 17 w/ d'flex. BTW...adding lead tape will only give you more power if you swing at the exact same speed as with out it. Otherwise, IMO....you just make your stick harder to get around.

dantyem108
08-08-2004, 05:18 PM
try it with vs. gut in the crosses and hurricane in the mains strung at about 55, if you still dont have enough power, it's time to pick up a new sport

Alley Cat
08-08-2004, 06:04 PM
My current stringing is Klip Excellerator 17g @ 59 lbs. Thanks for some good suggestions re: strings/tensions. I might try Bow 17g gut at 56 or 57 lbs or NXG18 at 56lbs for the added power. I have not really had a better feeling stick than this during the past few years and maybe the string set-up will be the answer. Your feedback is a big help.

grind
08-08-2004, 06:34 PM
I just finished stringing my new LM Prestige with TNT2, 17g. a few moments ago. Tommorrow I hit with it for the first time. I strung a at the center of the racquet's range, as opposed to the higher end as I usually do, anticipating the drop in power from my old Prince Bandits. Based upon posts here, I may drop the tenison another pound on my second frame.

Tomek
08-09-2004, 04:58 AM
Yeah, just lower tension a beat. (look down for my specs- they are great for me) Funny thing- when I had my Prestige strung to high- racquet had no feeling at all...