PDA

View Full Version : SP Swing: Weight scale sticker came off!

wfudeac
10-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Dunno how it happened, I think maybe the weight wasn't screwed in all the way, and it must have slid a little down the bar. It only took off about 2 inches of the sticker, but now I have to estimate where the 62-lb tension mark is. I think my estimate is probably reasonably close, but I would rather have it on their properly. Any chance SP would send me a new weight bar?

Has this happened to anyone before? Kinda bizarre, I wish it was engraved or something instead!

varuscelli
10-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Dunno how it happened, I think maybe the weight wasn't screwed in all the way, and it must have slid a little down the bar. It only took off about 2 inches of the sticker, but now I have to estimate where the 62-lb tension mark is. I think my estimate is probably reasonably close, but I would rather have it on their properly. Any chance SP would send me a new weight bar?

Has this happened to anyone before? Kinda bizarre, I wish it was engraved or something instead!

Contact SP. I bet they'll help you with it. The fix might involve you sending the old part back (for them to fix) and them sending you a new one (something they might be willing to do). They could likely replace the sticker on the weight bar and reuse it (or send it back to you, whichever you negotiate with them).

I had a problem with a part on an SP ball machine (granted, this problem was not from something I did), but they responded immediately and I had the part in about two working days.

But contact them right away! The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take to resolve the problem. ;)

Also, I'm guessing that if this happened to you, it's happened to others, too, and there's probably a precedent for SP on how they handle it.

SW Stringer
10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
The thumb screw that holds the weight to the bar should be tightened against the metal portion of the bar, not the weight scale. Hope you didn't make that mistake.

eunjam
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
sounds like SP will help you out. their CS is definitely 180 degrees from that other place that gets bashed.

but it's always good to have one of those fish scale tensioners as well to know exactly where you're at.

a drop weight will always pull a consistent weight (assuming one knows how to pull properly), but is it always at that exact weight or is it off +/- 2 or 3 lbs?

or borrow one from the local tennis pro shop.