PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Rackets, What is the advantage?

ian5
08-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I have read on here where several people switch off rackets every set/match until the strings break on both of them. What is the advantage to this as opposed to using one racket until the strings break. If the strings are dead, then you would have 2 dead rackets instead of one?

Kirko
08-08-2004, 09:52 PM
I guess that idea makes sense ; maybe . I really believe as you said if it works use it until doesn't.

Matt H.
08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
it's so that the racquets stay close in feel/performance.

if your racquet breaks in the middle of the set, and you go to your brand hew string job racquet, you're gonna have to adjust to the drastic difference.

fantom
08-09-2004, 04:25 AM
I personally love the feeling of the tight, fresh strings when I break a string and go to my backup.

baseliner
08-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Switching every changeover keeps the rackets the same in stiffness and string tension. If you play with two identical rackets and use one racket and leave the identical racket in the bag, the used rakcet will after a period of time be stivffer than the unused rakcet. The string tension differs as well. Additionally, if playing in the heat, switching every chaneover gives the grip a chance to stay dry.

Shane Reynolds
08-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm with baseliner here. For me, it comes down to having a dry grip but I just feel like everything is more consistent if I have two or three racquets I am rotating among. I also keep an old racquet in the bag strung with something durable as my "worst case scenario" but at the same point in time, I don't break strings.