PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDS 001 Mid + Topspin Cyber Flash = Wow!

gfdoto
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Last night I cut out the Yonex ATG 850 that my RDS 001 mid came strung with because it was getting loose and I got tired of adjusting my strings after every hit, then I strung it with Cyber Flash 17g. I strung it at 57/55 and wow, I had a blast today! I don't know if was just on today but compared to my hitting session last night with my other rds 001 mid strung with Gosen OGSM super at 59/57, it felt like a world of difference. It was definitely more comfortable than I expected and I had great control and was able to handle pace a lot better than I could with my other racquet. I was finally able to really find my groove with my 2HBH with this setup.

This makes me wonder though, does this racquet just play better at lower tensions? I still need to hit the Gosen setup again to make sure it wasn't just a fluke tonight but I'm extremely satisfied with Topspin Cyber Flash so far. The silver color matches the RDS 001 really well too. :)

Kevo
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
You should try the Yonex 850 Pro Spin at the same tension and see what you think. Some multis play better than others at lower tensions. The Cyberflash is a great string though. It's my standard right now.

bertrevert
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
57/55 sounds nice - I'll try this as well on my 001 MID - but I'd probably go for 55/53 mains/crosses.

Have you found anything official from Yonex recommending this variance in tension?

How did you find this poly on volleys?