PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between a Tour racket with others?

Jincuteguy
08-08-2004, 06:50 PM
What is the difference between any Tour series rackets and regular ones? For example, the Wilson Ncoded Tour 90 and Head Liquidmetal 8. Why are they calling it "Tour"? What does that mean? thank you.

Matt H.
08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
just a name my friend, just a name.

TwistServe
08-08-2004, 10:03 PM
usually the "tour" version of the same model is heavier and more demanding.. such as

LM Radical vs LM Radical Tour

Jincuteguy
08-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Are you sure that it's just a name?

brijoel
08-08-2004, 10:43 PM
would you rather them call it the "funky duck" version so there is no confusion?

as said before, all the "tour" indication means is that that particular racquet is simply more "demanding" than its shared other frame structure.......THATS IT

Steve H.
08-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Sure it's just a name, but manufacturers generally use it to imply frames that are more like those used by tour players, meaning more weight and maybe a smaller head or tighter string pattern than ones used by us mortals. Hope this answers your question

Feņa14
08-09-2004, 04:29 AM
The Tour version of the same racket usually has a tighter string pattern.

Such as the Wilson HPS 6.1 Tour.

But if a single racket has the word "Tour" in it then it is just a a name for it.

-Liam

TennsDog
08-09-2004, 01:14 PM
I agree that usually a tour version of a racket if it has a brother of the same model will probably be heavier, etc. But often times they give that name to rackets that are the first of that model in which case I think it is just a sales tactic to try to make it appeal to more people, such as if it is not much of a player's racket but is close and they want more people to try it. I tend to disregard the "tour" part of a name (or the whole name for the most part) and look at the specs and feedback/review.

Jincuteguy
08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Most pro play with the Tour version, so it has to be better than other ones.