PDA

View Full Version : ne1 have an ektelon model DE instruction manual?

Young Pete
10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
let me know...thanks.

any can anyone tell me more about this machine?????? whats the difference between the model de and the neos and model H?

youngpete@hotmail.com

theace21
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I had a D. You had to buy an adapter kit with longer guide rails, and different throat and head mounting devices. They would not do any of the prince or wide body rackets that were coming out. I think they also improve the dial for adjusting tension.

The Model H had these changes built in. They might have been other changes over the years, but it remains pretty much the same machine, crank, clamps, mounting system.

Was the DE the cabinet model? If it was that was the only difference.

Those machines are work horses and if you find a D with the upgrades, you can probably get it cheap. If it doesn't have the upgrades, you are out of luck unless you are stringing only badminton, and all wood rackets.

Tennis Machines . com would be the only place that might have upgrades available...

Steve Huff
10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Make copies. there are still a lot of Ektelon H models out there.

Young Pete
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
anyone wanna give me a scanned copy of the model H manual?
or an older one i have a model DE i don't know nothin about it.

Young Pete
10-27-2006, 12:12 AM
I had a D. You had to buy an adapter kit with longer guide rails, and different throat and head mounting devices. They would not do any of the prince or wide body rackets that were coming out. I think they also improve the dial for adjusting tension.

The Model H had these changes built in. They might have been other changes over the years, but it remains pretty much the same machine, crank, clamps, mounting system.

Was the DE the cabinet model? If it was that was the only difference.

Those machines are work horses and if you find a D with the upgrades, you can probably get it cheap. If it doesn't have the upgrades, you are out of luck unless you are stringing only badminton, and all wood rackets.

Tennis Machines . com would be the only place that might have upgrades available...

the de does not have a cabinet its really vintage looking i hope to upgrade it to a model H soon!!

theace21
10-27-2006, 07:10 AM
anyone wanna give me a scanned copy of the model H manual?
or an older one i have a model DE i don't know nothin about it.
I just found my old Model DE manuel. It is a poor copy that I have had many, many years.

I saw what the throat mount looked like, I now remember the problem. Because of the open throat designs that became popular, you could not mount a racket straight in the stringer.

Late for work, I will check back later tonight..

Young Pete
10-27-2006, 09:14 AM
I just found my old Model DE manuel. It is a poor copy that I have had many, many years.

I saw what the throat mount looked like, I now remember the problem. Because of the open throat designs that became popular, you could not mount a racket straight in the stringer.

Late for work, I will check back later tonight..

whats an open throat racquet? is it those oversized fan shaped racquet? also, any chance you want to get rid of your model DE manual? i just want to know if i can string a POG oversize in this thing.

let me know..

theace21
10-27-2006, 03:53 PM
When the D and DE came out, every racket was pretty much the same. Wood and a few metal rackets. When the oversize rackets and wide body came out, the rackets could not be mounted. The old mounting system didn't work. You can try and mount a racket, but I don't think it will work.

I would be glad to scan the instructions and email them to you. My copy is very poor, but it is better than nothing. I will scan them later tonight. Got to run the kids to their high school games...

Young Pete
10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
When the D and DE came out, every racket was pretty much the same. Wood and a few metal rackets. When the oversize rackets and wide body came out, the rackets could not be mounted. The old mounting system didn't work. You can try and mount a racket, but I don't think it will work.

I would be glad to scan the instructions and email them to you. My copy is very poor, but it is better than nothing. I will scan them later tonight. Got to run the kids to their high school games...

thanks a lot you can email me at youngpete@hotmail.com

i do hope i can mount at least 95 sq inch racquets there.

theace21
10-27-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks a lot you can email me at youngpete@hotmail.com

i do hope i can mount at least 95 sq inch racquets there.
Just sent it. It is a big file...It bounced back the first time, and I resent it.

Hope it helps - Good Luck,

Young Pete
10-27-2006, 10:57 PM
ace21 thanks a lot! if i can't source an adapter kit for my DE (i tried tennis machines but they have no spares) i will try to retrofit my pioneer 3 setup in the DE

theace21
10-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Young Pete - I put it up on a website you should be able to download. I sent you the link. Hope you find a way to make this work. If tennis machines doesn't have the adapter, you are probably out of luck...

Anyone else want a Ektelon Model DE instruction manual. (1979) - I need to start throwing crap out!

dubbelfel
11-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Do you still have the manual ? In that case I´m intrested/Best regards Peter from Sweden

theace21
11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Do you still have the manual ? In that case Im intrested/Best regards Peter from Sweden

I can repost it - file is very large...