PDA

View Full Version : which would be stronger?

fatboy
08-09-2004, 03:03 AM
hi.. i am currently a bit overweight however i dont really have problem with my speed.. as i play division 1 tennis in south australia and play the number 1 single for my club.. i am 170 (5'7) tall and 80kg (about 190pounds) in weight.. i have a huge serve and forehand.. my coach told me i have the biggest hit out of my division age.. however my dad told me, i could hit my serve and forehand harder if i lose all the fat.. as if i lose the weight that means im losing the useless weight with the same strength.. therefore my muscle would be stronger because they dont have to carry all the fats.. it comes to my question.. is that true? if i lose weight right now.. would my stroke becomes more harder? or it would be less hard? please answer.. im talking about strength wise not speed wise.. because i know the speed is going to be faster as that is the reason i wanted to lose weight.. but im scared that i will lose my weapon which is my big serve and groundstroke.. ok if wat i just sed was too complicated.. my question is..!

which person would be stronger? a person same height.. have the same amount of muscle mass however one is fat and the other is slim.. which one would be stronger? thank you for your time :D

:oops: < im embarassed that i am fat!

comeon787
08-09-2004, 08:31 AM
i would think a slim person would be stronger. Whenever you serve it'd be easier to put more pace on the ball because you can bend your knees a little more and really get into the ball. i dont know thats just me

Kobble
08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
The strength wouldn't be any different to my knowledge, but the lower body fat individual would be faster. Yes, the potential for you to create more pace on your groundstrokes and serve would be increased. Though, the biggest benefit would be your movement on the court.