PDA

View Full Version : TV Commentator Extols New Wilson!

jaap deboeck
08-09-2004, 05:21 AM
Never heard an outright endorsement before during TV match coverage. I assume you all heard Jensen on several days during the Montreal WTA tournament state how many players are swtiching to the the new N-code. Several times he insisted that this was a better stick with better control. He mentioned Federer and Kiefer and then claimed that Likhovsteva can credit her new success to the N-code technology. Palpable enthusiasm. However the stick failed Likhovsteva against Mauresmo.

larrhall
08-09-2004, 06:32 AM
You know, I don't quite believe Luke. I turned on the tube - or left it on after the Agassi-Roddick supreme event - and saw a few minutes of Elena beating on Jennifer. I always liked Likhotseva's game, but I'll have to go with the theory that Luke gave during that broadcast: it was the new black shoes that jumped Elena's game up a notch. I'm going with the shoes theory, and also considering the idea that Wilson has our former French Open doubles champeen on its payroll.

baseliner
08-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Dual Hand Luke is on the Wilson payroll. What great pub to have him push your new rackets on prime time. Guarantee sales of the Ncode are up this week. Shilling for shillings.

Cruzer
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
And the $64.00 question is do all those pros he mentioned really use a n-Code or is it another deceitful paint job??

BHud
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I heard that comment as well and couldn't believe the endorsement. I play w/ an nCode 95 and really like it, but I don't think it will allow me to jump from 4.5 to the tour by the end of this month (although that would be cool...especially at age 45!)

Hear's to hoping that there's more to nanotechnology than I first thought!

BreakPoint
08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I heard Luke's comments as well during the Likhovtseva-Mauresmo final yesterday. He basically said the real reason for Federer's, Kiefer's, and Likhovtseva's success this summer has been because of the nCode racquets. Of course, he doesn't mention that Federer won Wimbledon last year and the Australian this year with a Tour 90 (or paintjob thereof), and that Kiefer used to be a top 10 player when he used a HPS 6.1 and then the Surge (or paintjobs thereof).

Of course, everyone on these boards already knows that neither Federer nor Kiefer uses an nCode racquet anyway. Both are definitely paintjobs. And if the nCode racquets are so great, then how do you explain Taylor Dent's losing streak ever since he switched to the nCode 95?

Hey, maybe if Roddick switched to an nCode, he'd be beating the pants off of Federer every time?

Russell Finch
08-10-2004, 01:17 AM
As a contrast, Peter Fleming talked about Luxilon strings (although he didn't mention the name, he was definitely talking about Lux) on British TV. He wasn't exactly enthusiastic, "dead as a doornail" I think was the phrase, "no feel whatsoever" was another.

I expect he's an old school gut user but he really seemed baffled by Lux's popularity with the players.

BreakPoint
08-10-2004, 10:41 AM
BTW, maybe that nCode 95 helped Likhovtseva win that one game in the final against Mauresmo. I'd bet if she'd NOT been using that nCode she would have lost 6-0, 6-0. Instead, she only lost 6-1, 6-0 with the nCode. Great endorsement for the racquet!!

Maybe Wilson's new tag line could be "Don't get double-bagled with your old racquet! Switch to the new nCode from Wilson and actually win a game!!" :wink: :lol:

lendl lives
08-11-2004, 10:20 AM
jaap, yes i saw that and i too was shocked by the endorsement.