PDA

View Full Version : I (finally) got my Eagnas Plus 8000!

DADYO
10-27-2006, 11:47 AM
As some may know, about 2 months ago I ordered an Eagnas Plus 8000 directly from the Lily Lee factory in China, for the amazingly discounted price of $550 american.

There were 4 boxes: one had the turntable in it, another had the base and stand, another box for the turntable base and the fourth for the electronic tensioner. The boxes had "MAXLINE California" written on them.

So I start putting together all the parts and to my (not so great) surprise, I just notice a few flaws, but they don't bother me that much, for example a few screws and their holes not well aligned, the turntable base was a bit dirty with some sticky stuff :confused: and the screws in the turntabe base were a bit rusty.

Anyways, I finish putting the machine together and just take 5 minutes to drool on top of the machine a bit, hehehe..

I check the tension, the monitor read 50 pounds but the calibrator said 45, oh well, I'll fix that tomorrow.
I mount the racquet, and (stupidly) use the thickest, stiffest, cheapest poly I can find. Took me about 1 hour to string my first racquet, and tying the knots was a real pain with that thick, stiff string, but oh well!

Anyways, that's all for now, just wanted to share my excitement :D

I'll post some pics soon if anyone is interested ;)

LttlElvis
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
How did you get it for that price?

DADYO
10-27-2006, 11:53 AM
How did you get it for that price?

I got it directly from the Lily Lee factory, and got free shipping "hitch-hiking" on a container of machine tools coming from China to Italy ;)

flash9
10-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Yes - Would love to see pictures. :cool:

Two Month wait, ouch. I hope nothing breaks; waiting two months for parts would be a royal pain? :rolleyes:
What is your warrantee when you order directly from Lily-Lee? :confused:

DADYO
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Yes - Would love to see pictures.

Two Month wait, ouch. I hope nothing breaks; waiting two months for parts would be a royal pain? :rolleyes:
What is your warrantee when you order directly from Lily-Lee? :confused:

Ok, I'll take some pics as soon as I can!

I had to wait 2 months mostly because there were some delays with the container that was shipped, otherwise I'm sure it would take less.

The warantee I got is 1 year for electronic parts and 2 years for everything else :D

fastdunn
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I got it directly from the Lily Lee factory, and got free shipping "hitch-hiking" on a container of machine tools coming from China to Italy ;)

This is unbelievable. How much would be the normal shipping and
tax ?

wombat
10-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Do you have the adress of the factory?
What does the special string button do(top right hand site)?

tennisfreec
10-31-2006, 06:59 AM
I have been looking to buy a stringing machine for a while now and it seems like you get the most for your buck with the EAGNAS line. Would you consider EAGNAS quality or would I be better off buying another brand and spending more money?

Thanks for your advise!

Baseline13
02-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Dadyo

Can you get me contact information on the factory. I would like to see if I could work out a similar deal. I work with a distributor of medical disposables that has containers coming from China weekly. Any help would be great.

I can be reached at tsventil8@comcast.net

Thanks,

antonio
02-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Way to go Dadyo,

I think for the price, honestly Eagnas is a good bang for the buck! I also have an Eagnas machine, (Challenger 1) and had similar set-up experiences that you had, but nothing that couldn't be worked out.

Way to go! Pics??

kreative
05-03-2007, 05:01 AM
DADYO,

I would also appreciate it if you could forward me the info to contact Lily Lee directly. You can email me at kidkreative AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks.

Lindros13
05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Looks like a good deal.

I looked it up and see that the machine says "360 degree swivel turntable with brake". What is the purpose of a brake?

LttlElvis
05-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Some people use the brake to stop the turntable when hand tensioning knots. You can also use the brake when callibrating your tensioning device.

I never used a brake until stringing Prince O3 racquets in lieu of the boomerang tool.

Brakes aren't a necessity, but a nice simple feature to have.

Lindros13
05-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks LttlElvis. Again, DADYO, that is some deal you got. Hope all goes well! Despite their bad rap, you could probably now join the *Eagnas/Maxline Club* if there is one.. hehe. While I'm all set w/ my new Gamma machine, I'd be interested (and I'm sure many others are too) to see some pictures and hear more about your experiences as you start using it.

lecter255
05-06-2007, 03:01 AM
hey DADYO can you please post how to order directly from them and get a cheap shipping like you did? I want to buy the Hyper 480, but for your price i would get the plus 8k too lol 8)