PDA

View Full Version : A question for the 300g crowd..

altawolfe
08-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I've heard that there are some different versions of the 300g. I'm wondering if there is an important difference between them. I just played with an older model and found it remarkably muted, comfortable and well suited to my game. Does the model currently availale have a solid/muted feel or does the stringbed seem to generate alot of vibration and feedback?

Matt H.
08-09-2004, 10:45 AM
i've been really kicking back the idea of trying out a 300g, but the weight...it's just way too light to start out with.

GuyPerez
08-09-2004, 11:05 AM
altawolfe,
I have a pair of 300G's I have been using for over a year now and I am guessing, based on when I got them, they are the older ones. Tell me, how does one distinguish between old and new? I thought the 300G was unchanged in all ways since it's introduction.

I use a vibration dampner in any racquet I play with, so my answer is in that context, but the sticks feel very solid to me.

Bring me up tp speed on the differences and maybe I can be of help.
Guy

soulincontrol
08-09-2004, 09:05 PM
i bought a 300g earlier this year and it has a lot of vibration. I've even loaded it with two layers of 7 inch lead tape at 3 and 9 and still get a lot of vibration. Don't know what it is, it sounds like something is loose. might be the strings I'm using (big banger original). either way it doesn't bother me too much. I'm lookin to change to the LM prestige. Does anybody have this problem with the LM prestige?

GuyPerez
08-10-2004, 03:50 AM
I just tried the LM prestige and it is a very dead racquet. No vibration at all in my opinion. If you liked you 300G I am not sure you will like the prestige. I could not feel a darn thing.