PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Ace 18g

babar
03-08-2004, 06:09 AM
Howdy all,

I have ventured into the realm of polys. I tried the Banger Ace 18g this weekend in my Surge 5.1 at 52 lbs. I was amazed! The spin was tremendous! I was able to jack forehands and have them drop precipitously near the baseline. It was really fun. The angle were really sharp and it really threw my oponents off. Balls they felt might go long or wide were dipping and landing in the green. Volley felt firm, but the sense of touch was diminished. I might need to try practicing volley with this string to get a feel for it. On serves, the string bed felt very stiff. I did not notice the spin on serves really change that much, but the spin on groundstrokes was great. Slice backhands were staying low and biting into the court. It was really sweet.

I might be interested in trying other polys to see how they play also. Recommendations appreciated.

HeavyBall
03-08-2004, 09:37 AM
I've hit with a fair number of different poly's, and you're already using my favorite.

drumnman2
03-08-2004, 05:45 PM
I have switched to Ace 18 also and am happy enough to have stopped looking for another string......

babar
03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
drumnman2,
You are a lucky man to have found string nirvana! I hope the Ace 18g works out for me. Promising start, but we'll see how it plays after about 10 sets. Wish me luck.

tarheelbornjohn
03-09-2004, 08:49 AM
I like the Ace and the ALU equally well. The Ace however, tends to break much quicker than the ALU