PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 95 with Polys

stoffer
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Anyone have any experience with polyester strings in the n95? What brand of polyester and what tensions have you used and did you like it?

I'm looking for a good poly setup(maybe hybrid) with limited string movement and high level of tension retention.

Your input is appreciated.

fruit_bearer
08-10-2004, 10:32 AM
that's exactly what i've got right now.

babolat pro hurricane 16 gauge on the ncode 95. i'm not exactly sure what the tension is, though. i recently switched from a PS 6.0 85 that i strung at 57 lbs. the stringer told me that polyester strings are usually strung at a lower tension than synthetic gut, so i'm guessing he strung it at 54-55 or so.

it feels incredibly tight though. it plays like synthetic gut strung at 60. it's been about a week, and i can't tell if there's been any dropoff in tension.

i switched more for the durability than the playability. i go through synthetic strings in about 8-10 sessions.

i'm not yet sure if i like it. still need to get used to the racquet and the strings.

stoffer
08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Well let me know how those Pro Hurricane feels after you get some more playing time in, because those were the exact type of polyester i was planning on trying.

But is the racquet/string combo too powerful? Not enough power?
Do you have a good level of control?

Like you, I eat string pretty quickly so Im looking for durability as well.

fruit_bearer
08-11-2004, 07:19 AM
it's hard to describe.

if you hit in the sweet spot, there's a lot of power. at the same time, you really have to work to get the ball deep on your groundstrokes.

when i hit serves and overheads, it comes off the strings with some zip. it's sort of like a trampoline-like feeling that i had when i tried the Pure Drive +. on my groundstrokes, i use a lot of topspin. there's more of a brushing-up motion than a straight-through motion, so naturally, there's not as much power there, and that's where i feel like i need to do the work to get the ball deep, but still down, and it can get pretty tiring.

for the most part, i'm happy with the control.

i hope that made sense.