PDA

View Full Version : Dynaspot Water Tennis racquet

paddyslad
08-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Does anyone remember the Dynaspot tennis racket in the early 90's that actually had water in the frame to stabilize the frame when you hit the ball? The racquet would make a swishing sound when it was served.

Anyone out there have that frame or specs of it? It was reviewed in Tennis racquet reviews in the early 90's.

Tennis Guy
08-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Materials Graphite
Head Size 95 sq. in. (midsize)
Strung Weight 12-1/3 oz. (348 gr.)
Balance 7/8 in. head light
Stiffness Flexible
Grip Length 7-1/2 in.
Recommended
String Tension 50-55 lbs.
Features Fluid-filled inner rings

http://www.dynaspot.com/

paddyslad
08-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Tennis guy, you rock. Now I get a second chance to buy this racquet that I wanted as a kid. You da man!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

08-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Dynaspot works in the same way Kinetic does...only the material used inside (liquid instead of beads) is different.

The balls in your court.
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Has anyone tried it? and why is it illegal??? The Prokennex racquets do the same exact thing except they use sand rather than liquid.

Mark Vessels
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
if you crack it do you get burned by hot water

Bud
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Has anyone tried it? and why is it illegal??? The Prokennex racquets do the same exact thing except they use sand rather than liquid.

Those are ionic micro bearings, not sand :oops: :lol:

The balls in your court.
07-26-2008, 03:43 AM
Those are ionic micro bearings, not sand :oops: :lol:

Thats like saying Household technician or maid. ;)

meowmix
07-26-2008, 08:17 AM
What's the difference? Apart from the fact that one costs 10X more...

Gut4Tennis
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I played with it, trying to get some jr sponsorship, anything I could get back in the day. I was playing doubles with some old folk, and i hit a return of serve and the blue water filled tube busted and splashed blue stuff all over the old fart at the net and he was wearing white. it was actually hilarious

Ronaldo
10-02-2013, 12:37 AM

This would be an illegal frame for any USTA sanctioned competition. From the Rules of Tennis, Appendix II:

d. The frame, including the handle, and the strings, shall be free of any
device which makes it possible to change materially the shape of the
racket, or to change the weight distribution in the direction of the
longitudinal axis of the racket which would alter the swing moment
of inertia, or to deliberately change any physical property which may
affect the performance of the racket during the playing of a point. No
energy source that in any way changes or affects the playing characteristics
of a racket may be built into or attached to a racket.

PK technology is legal because the mass does not shift longitudinally and thus does not alter the moment of inertia, balance, or swingweight during play.

ollinger
10-02-2013, 08:03 AM
As water has the unusual property of expanding when it freezes, this might not be a racquet to leave in the trunk of your car on a winter day.

Ronaldo
10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
As water has the unusual property of expanding when it freezes, this might not be a racquet to leave in the trunk of your car on a winter day.

True Widebody eh?