PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Racquet Stringing Machines

tennisfreec
10-31-2006, 07:55 AM
I have been looking to buy a stringing machine for a while now and it seems like you get the most for your buck with the EAGNAS product line. Does anyone have an opionion regarding Eagnas. Do they have a good product line or am I better off spending additional dollars on another brand.

THANKS!!!

LttlElvis
10-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Yes, you got a lot of machine for the $ with Eagnas, but customer service is lacking. May be a gamble for some. I have an Eagnas with no problems.

For quality machines with good customer service, try Silent Partner or Alpha.

eunjam
10-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Yes, you got a lot of machine for the $ with Eagnas, but customer service is lacking. May be a gamble for some. I have an Eagnas with no problems.

For quality machines with good customer service, try Silent Partner or Alpha.

well said.

the problem with eagnas is not eagnas.

it is maxline, their north american distributor.

(i read somewhere by someone who is very knowledgeable with the stringing machine industry that maxline's owner is the owner of eagnas's brother......so no matter how many times you complain to the even highest levels at eagnas, considering you could write chinese and send it to eagnas-taiwan, things will NEVER change.)

i analogize maxline to paypal.

when things go right, things are great....no probs......everyone else is smoking dope and they don't know what they're talking about, etc.

but when things go wrong......it is an ABSOLUTE FRICKING NIGHTMARE AND A HALF!!!!

you're better off going into a corner and pulling your fingernails off with your pliers.

that being said......

eagnas less customer service = definitely the biggest bang for your $. they are great machines made with the same materials that bigger name stringers make their machines with.

eangas with customer service needed from maxline = go put your life savings on red at the roulette table in vegas......and good luck. you might hit........you might not.

that extra $ you pay going to SP, Gamma, alpha, Laserfibre is for the customer service. although i heard a certain company's recent inventory probs have sucked big time!!

Ben42
10-31-2006, 12:36 PM
I disagree.

Eagnas quality control is bad. You might get a good machine, but you stand a higher chance of getting a machine with problems than other manufacturers.

If you are unlucky enough to get one of those lemons then Maxline's well documented bad support is not going to help you.

Speaking as someone who got burned I advise not taking the chance.

eunjam
10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
I disagree.

Eagnas quality control is bad. You might get a good machine, but you stand a higher chance of getting a machine with problems than other manufacturers.

If you are unlucky enough to get one of those lemons then Maxline's well documented bad support is not going to help you.

Speaking as someone who got burned I advise not taking the chance.

if things go well (considering you get a decent machine...).....no probs.

if they don't.....good luck.

but thinking about eagnas from outside the box without being subjective....they actually must be doing something right.

in fact, eagnas could be a good research topic for some grad student looking for a thesis.

how in the world does a company like eagnas that has such a bad rap everywhere, has possible the worst word of mouth in the whole stringing industry, whose distributor (maxline) has the balls to rip on and make fun of customers, yet they are still in business after all these years?

you gotta give them credit for that. doing everything against the grain, yet still making $.

theace21
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
They are an importer of tennis stringing machines. They sell 82 models. Some work out, some don't. From comments on this board, quality control is not very good, and customer service is worse. But, you are getting the lowest cost stringer - with this low cost comes some potential problems. If you want a bargain price machine, and can deal with small problems - take a chance.

If money is the bottom line go Eagnas. If you want quality support - go else where.

If you do a search you will find hundreds of threads on this subject...

LttlElvis
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Can you imagine if Eagnas limited themselves to maybe 10 different stringing machines at different price points?

They would blow away the competition. Better quality control. Easier for them to answer a question about a particular stringer. Eliminating a lot of people asking them which stringer they should get. Concentrating on the best machines for a particular price.

I guess that may be too simplistic. They do sell a lot of machines. I am sure there are many satisfied customers. If they sell 100 machines, and 5 of those customers are vocal about their dissatisfaction, they are probably OK with it.

STRman
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
I 've had both good service from my Eagnas 840 and I have had excellent customer service from Maxline. The stringer paid for itself long ago.
When someone has a complaint with any product, it would seem more credible if they identified the model, date purchased and nature of complaint.

theace21
10-31-2006, 08:15 PM
I 've had both good service from my Eagnas 840 and I have had excellent customer service from Maxline. The stringer paid for itself long ago.
When someone has a complaint with any product, it would seem more credible if they identified the model, date purchased and nature of complaint.
If they only had a few models it would be easy. People that don't know, easily get confused with 82 different models...

tennisfreec
11-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks everyone for all of the feedback on Eagnes. Based on all of the comments, I think I am going to stay clear of Eagnas and go with another brand. What is anyone's thoughts on Laserfibre. I checked out a few web sites on the MS200 ECO and the MS200 ET. All reviews seem real good but I could not find what these units are going for. Anyone have an idea about how much these units go for?

Thanks

DADYO
11-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I can't say anything about Maxline, but I have an Eagnas and I'm 100% satisfied :D

BstonBruin
11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
I did not have one problem with the customer service etc. The machine I got was the Eagnas Flex 840 and it works great. I think there a few models that have always had problems, and some that seem to never have a problem like the flex 840/940.

theace21
11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I did not have one problem with the customer service etc. The machine I got was the Eagnas Flex 840 and it works great. I think there a few models that have always had problems, and some that seem to never have a problem like the flex 840/940.
If they were smart, they would discount those other machines and not carry them in the future. Only carry the model that have had minimal problems.

superman
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I have been looking to buy a stringing machine for a while now and it seems like you get the most for your buck with the EAGNAS product line. Does anyone have an opionion regarding Eagnas. Do they have a good product line or am I better off spending additional dollars on another brand.

THANKS!!!
So far, I'd never had a problem with eagnas. My flash 925 machine is excellent. I contacted the eagnas a couple of times and answered all of my questions. If you are going to buy an eagnas string machine, than I would suggest you buying on E bay. Its usually a hundred dollars cheaper, unless you don't trust it. Hope this helps