PDA

View Full Version : LifeTime Tennis in Brisbane, Australia

na2b
10-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Tennis program used by Pat Rafter... I'm going to move to Brisbane to go to a school called Clayfield College which has an affiliation program with LifeTime Tennis. So I'll be training before, during, and after school. When I went to visit Nudgee College (the male version of Clayfield), a 12-year-old girl was training there, who is apparently the national junior champion.

Anyone heard of it?

AndrewD
11-01-2006, 07:55 AM
na2b,

I'm from Brisbane and have heard of the programme but not much at all. I'd suggest that your best option would be to go to the Tennis Queensland website, send an email to them and ask their opinion. While you're at their site you could also look to see if you recognise the name of the girl you met. I'm sure she'd be listed in the Queensland rankings.

http://www.tennisqueensland.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=21

Whatever happens, you'll get some very good competition up here. The country's best juniors are coming out of Queensland, a new State Tennis Centre will be completed next year (hosting a combined men's and women's pro event) that offers all surfaces to train on and the weather is ideal for year-round training.

My only suggestion is that you come well stocked with tennis gear. There are pro shops up here but, like everything else in a state as enormous as Queensland (bigger than Alaska, the largest state in America) things are very spread out. If your choice of racquet is anything apart from Wilson, Babolat, Head or, to a lesser degree, Prince it can be a chore to find someone who stocks what you need. I don't know what prices are like in Indonesia but racquets, shoes and clothing aren't cheap here. Do a google search for an Australian owned tennis shop and you'll see what I mean. Might be best to stock up before you arrive.

Good luck

na2b
11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks very much, Andrew D. :)