PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Wilson Hammer 6.2 stretch OS needed??

Andy Zarzuela
08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I found a place that has one for real cheap. Normally I play with 11oz racquets or higher (ie: Diablo MP, MP-2i), but it's appealing to me because of it's huge sweetspot and dense string pattern. Not to mention Venus Williams plays with it. I think I will string it at least at 70lbs because I hit the ball so hard and flat. I think that if I can control a Wilson Profile at 60lbs. decently, than surely I can control this racquet which weighs 3 ounces less and has a denser string pattern....
________
big women Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/bbw/)

kreative
08-09-2004, 03:42 PM
is this the original skunk 6.2? if so, than it's prolly the only hammer aside from the hh6.3 that i found decent in terms of playability. nice big sweetspot, and nice at the baseline. a little slow on manueverability for volleys, but it's large sweetspot in some ways makes up for it.

Andy Zarzuela
08-10-2004, 02:57 AM
any others?
________
Travel Insurance Advice (http://www.insurance-forums.org/travel-insurance/)

Nater
08-10-2004, 11:58 AM
I bought that racquet 7 years ago, and I still use it. Now, I'm not as serious a player as most here, but I do like the racquet. My elbow began having problems a couple years ago... so I added some weight to the handle (based on the advice at racquetresearch.com). Since then, I've had no problems with the elbow -- or the racquet. :)

David Pavlich
08-10-2004, 06:23 PM
If you buy the skunk, add about an ounce of lead to the butt end and you'll have a pretty good frame.

David

rooski
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM
The original skunk OS stretch was a good racket. Good solid, controllable power. The two guys I knew who played it for a long time both had shoulder problems with it though. I'm not sure if it was the extra 1" length or the massive 350+ swingweight.

BTW...where did you find the relic? If they are cheap, I may buy another one for my Dad who has used it off and on for several years. He is only a casual player but he liked it and didn't have any arm problems from it that I know of.