PDA

View Full Version : Head Intelligence i. Radical Spin?

TennisFischer85
08-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Is the intelligence i. radical really as bad as people say it is at produceing spin? im looking to get a new racquet and i like most of the features of this racquet (including the price) and im no spin god but i use a fair amount of spin and was wondering if hitting with spin is really imposible with this racquet. i use and eastern grip so im already at a disadvantage in the spin department

Brent Pederson
08-09-2004, 05:48 PM
The OS has lots of spin potential. The midplus less so. String either one up with 18 gauge string, though, and you should have tons! I love nrg2 18...

ssjkyle31
08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Like with any racket, it takes good technique at ground strokes. In some case short compact swings do not produce a lot of spin verse long full swings. But it takes practice, practice and practice either with a rally partner or even a wall to achieve the goals of spinning the ball either slice or topspin. On my iradical MP I do have some spin but I think I would have more with the OS.

TennisFischer85
08-09-2004, 07:01 PM
The OS has lots of spin potential. The midplus less so. String either one up with 18 gauge string, though, and you should have tons! I love nrg2 18...

thanks for the advice! is this your setup or just your suggestion?

Radical Shot
08-09-2004, 07:24 PM
See my comment in the strings "User feedback" section for Luxilon TiMo 18g. I was using the iRadical MP.
________
fairmont (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Fairmont)

TennisBoy
08-09-2004, 08:17 PM
I use the iradical OS and although i wouldn't say the racquet has a lot of spin potential by itself, with proper technique it is quite possible. I am a heavy topspin player myself using eastern / semi western grip. My opinion of this racquet is that it is a good racquet. It forces you to have better techniques and more compact strokes.

So don't worry about the spin potential, there are many racquets with a dense string pattern already. Depending on your skill level if you have the right techniques, it wouldn't have a problem. If you're still worried, why kill yourself over it right? There are many racquets out there to pick from.

spt
08-10-2004, 06:28 AM
I play with the iradical OS and do not have a problem with generating spin. Like you, I hit the ball with moderate spin and don't have much problem with the OS. This is the first oversized frame I have been able to play with and I think the real issue I have is that I am not able to use a thin guage string. I have been sticking with 16g otherwise it feels too lively for me. I choose the oversize frame in this racket becasue it feels alot like the mids I am used to. I recommend demoing (or buying) the OS