PDA

View Full Version : Yonex SHT 303 shoe

nn
02-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Just want to update on new message board about Yonex SHT 303 shoes. They are one of the best in light weight with great cushion. I was thinking Reebok DMX has best cushioning but this one match it or beat them. I had twisted left ankle three times but after using Yonex shoes it has kind of heal or at least no pain at all. Even I don't wear any ankle supporter.

Just want to post for people who are looking for light weight shoes with stability, cushioning, true to size & great comfort.

:D

Hawaii 5.0
02-20-2004, 09:50 AM
I have to agree with many of your points about the shoe in that it's nice and light weight and comfortable uppers and no break in, but I found overall support to be only good and outsole durability was lacking(still very good for that light a shoe) in comparison to warrantied shoes. If you play alot and not very hard,have a medium arch and medium width foot with even a slightly wider toe area I'd look into these.

tnsdoc
02-21-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree that these shoes are terrific for such a light weight. Comfortable right out of the box and fit really well for medium-wide feet and those wanting a roomy forefoot/toebox area. My arches are pretty low and that is no problem in these shoes. Agree with H-5.0 that durability isn't up to par with something like the Barricades II, but if you're willing to trade that off for more comfort and cushioning, then the Yonex's are worth a try.

cenzo
02-21-2004, 09:54 AM
NN and Hawaii 5.0 - I took your recommendation and order these puppies. I've been looking for a shoe with really good cushioning, especially in the heel because I suffer from heel pain. Can't wait to give them a try.

Hey, Moe!
02-21-2004, 09:08 PM
It's a great shoe for cushioning. Both heel, and forefoot, it was very comfortable.

Also, it's very light. Likely, the lightest shoes I've had.

It is not as stable as a mid-cut shoe. Since in use orthitics in my shoes, it is not an issue.

My read on the shoe is if you have a wide foot, particularly in the forefoot, and compete on hard courts, this shoe could be one heck of a "game day" shoe, stability is not a problem, or if toe wear is not an issue.

Even my hefty body felt light in these shoes.

Light on my feet--what a concept!

cenzo
02-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Just got my shoes and have been wearing for a day. These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. So light weight and the cushioning feels great. Because the toebox is so roomy, I could go for a half size smaller. I haven't had a chance to play in them yet. I hope they are as comfortable on the court as they are to walk around in. I'm not crazy about the material of the uppers. It just looks weird when I bend at the toes, which makes me question the durability. I just hope they can hold up on the court.

nn
03-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Just want to add more. After playing 3-5 weeks they are one of the best. No sign of wear from anywhere.. now my ankle are back to normal like before they twisted 3 times... just too good.. light weight makes all difference & stability.