PDA

View Full Version : nice to see pete back

chiru
11-02-2006, 12:30 PM
nice to see pete back on the TW gear section. I wonder if Pete's gonna abandon his crappy vapor 3's and go back to his good old oscillates.

Faber
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
huh? Where?

Rafa's best friend
11-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Old Ocsillates are great game day or tournament day shoe but not really good to wear around all the time, like in practice or just fun league play.

stormholloway
11-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Why aren't they good to wear around?

psamp14
11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
huh? Where?

here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playersatp.html

and pete sampras: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/ppgallery.html?ccode=PSAMPRA&pcode=PSAMPRAPSGAL01BPSAMP01

i would personally like to see him wear his old oscillates, with the long crew socks rather than ankle socks, and classic white polos...or it'd be kinda cool to see him wear the latest shirt federer now sports..

kchau
11-02-2006, 07:03 PM
wheres the new sampras picture?

it dosent load for me.

psamp14
11-02-2006, 07:44 PM
click the links in my post just before yours....

or go to TW's homepage, and click on the link below the top 5 atp rankings...it says something like "the rest of the gallery"

all the way on the bottom of the atp player gallery are the retired players

kchau
11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
im there, but i dont see the picture of him wearing vapors

psamp14
11-02-2006, 08:31 PM
im there, but i dont see the picture of him wearing vapors

oh the pictures of him wearing vapors isnt there, thats him in his playing days

i'm pretty sure i have a few pics of him from one of his exhibition matches, like against courier, and he is wearing the vapor 3's

but i dont know how to insert a picture on this thing...i could email it to you if you really want to see it

Duzza
11-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Ugly, but true:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2mz0f0i.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/30ljarc.jpg
He looks to be balding....he's only like 35....

psamp14
11-02-2006, 08:39 PM
thats the one thing i wish he'd fix...like get rogaine or something...

and duzza, how'd you post the pics straight?

Duzza
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
thats the one thing i wish he'd fix...like get rogaine or something...

and duzza, how'd you post the pics straight?
go to www.tinypic.com (my favourite), or www.imageshack.us or photoshack something a rather, and then upload the image and copy the code in the 2nd field(for www.tinypic.com at least). Et voile. Or a quicker way....doesn't work for www.gettyimages.com though, is to go image location on web(eg. www.jipppers.com/sampras.jpg) and then . For getty images, I have to save the image first, and it's safer to save the image then upload on tinypic.com and do it that way, because sites often change file locations.

kchau
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
wow, hes dressing almost like federer at the us open..

is that the macro react shirt that fed wore at the uso?

heh, i think he looked better with a ps85.

i can see that he is rocking the sampras dampener too :D.

psamp14
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
go to www.tinypic.com (my favourite), or www.imageshack.us or photoshack something a rather, and then upload the image and copy the code in the 2nd field(for www.tinypic.com at least). Et voile. Or a quicker way....doesn't work for www.gettyimages.com though, is to go image location on web(eg. www.jipppers.com/sampras.jpg) and then . For getty images, I have to save the image first, and it's safer to save the image then upload on tinypic.com and do it that way, because sites often change file locations.

i see...i thought there was a way to upload a pic i have on my computer....

psamp14
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM
wow, hes dressing almost like federer at the us open..

is that the macro react shirt that fed wore at the uso?

heh, i think he looked better with a ps85.

i can see that he is rocking the sampras dampener too :D.

not exactly the same shirt...more like some random shirt from the summer line, which like no pro even wore...

i've said it before but i'd like to see him sport his oscillates and classic white polo to go with his white shorts and long crew socks....

and the pete sampras dampener...does rock

stormholloway
11-02-2006, 10:06 PM
He needs to shave that head and get his PSO back in his hands.

KFwinds
11-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Ugly, but true:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2mz0f0i.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/30ljarc.jpg
He looks to be balding....he's only like 35....

I just turned 35, and I've lost a lot more hair than Pete :(

It happens...

Duzza
11-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Well Sampras looks extremely old, older than Agassi by a mile.

slice bh compliment
11-02-2006, 10:59 PM
His right forearm is still large and in charge.
The golf socks are a little different (not my favorite, but he can wear what he likes).
Really, for me, the only thing off-putting in those pictures is the lack of fans in the seats.

Povl Carstensen
11-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I lost my hair at 25, and I'm extremely cool.

JRProstaf9
11-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Yea you can definitly tell Pete's been enjoying his retirement and being at home with the kids and his wife. But all the same it was great to see him play some WTT and exhibition matches this summer. I heard he's even contemplating playing some senior level events and maybe in the Masters draw at Wimby and the USOpen like Todd Martin did this year.

Playing aside... it would definitly be awesome to see him break out the old school white collard shirts and Prostaff 6.0. However a friend of mine over at wilson told me that he had asked specifically for the same rackets that federer gets b/c the factory where Pete used to get his 6.0s made at is no longer in exsistance.
As for the shoes... I believe a big reason as to why Nike decided to manufacture the oscillates again was because of the high demand from fans and Pete's presence on the court again.

Frodo Baggins
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Was Looking at the pics on the tw link.. Question?>Why do the players look soooo Old? Like check out Gaston Gadios Pic on there? It Doesn't even look like him*Covers eyes* Do Players really change that much over the years?? Now Thats a scary thought???:eek: *Hides*.