PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane vs Pro Hurricane Tour

crazylevity
11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Initial impressions of the Pro Hurricane were that it was kinda stiff, even for a poly. Luxilon BB Orig and Alu Power weren't as stiff as it. Didn't really like it.

How does the new Pro Hurricane Tour feel as compared to the abovementioned strings?? I really like the idea of the octagonal shape for more spin production, but how is it in terms of comfort and feel??

Please let me know your personal experiences, thanks.

BigServer1
11-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I use the 17g and I like it a lot, I have used it on my mains and on my crosses(seperately in hybrid setups), both worked well. It's a little softer, has good spin and durability and holds it's tension pretty well (for a poly). I would definately give it a try.

Rafa's best friend
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
All you need to do is just goto tennis warehouse string review, you will see comments like best string ever, soft yet powerful, controllable, great feel and amazing spin. Need i say more?????

BigServer1
11-02-2006, 06:07 PM
All you need to do is just goto tennis warehouse string review, you will see comments like best string ever, soft yet powerful, controllable, great feel and amazing spin. Need i say more?????

Just curiously...what's the obsession with pro hurricane tour? Last time I checked, your best friend doesn't use them...he still uses Duralast.

Rafa's best friend
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Mr. big server, RAFA had tried to change in practice and found it to be too powerful for his game, the man RAFA hits the ball 50 times harder than any amateur, you cannot compare his shot making ability to amateurs, and he uses Duralast because it is a good control with good spin potential and extremely hard to break which suits RAFA's game to the tee, Not amateur's game...........

BigServer1
11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Mr. big server, RAFA had tried to change in practice and found it to be too powerful for his game, the man RAFA hits the ball 50 times harder than any amateur, you cannot compare his shot making ability to amateurs, and he uses Duralast because it is a good control with good spin potential and extremely hard to break which suits RAFA's game to the tee, Not amateur's game...........

I know...all of this I know. I am wondering why YOU love it so much...

Rafa's best friend
11-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I love it because i am a 4.0-4.5 level player and i use ton of topspin on my groundies. I used to use Luxilon BB alu power, but when i tried this string, i got more spin, same power and Tons better control, so is that not enough reason to switch??? and all of those people at TW agree with me.

BigServer1
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I love it because i am a 4.0-4.5 level player and i use ton of topspin on my groundies. I used to use Luxilon BB alu power, but when i tried this string, i got more spin, same power and Tons better control, so is that not enough reason to switch??? and all of those people at TW agree with me.

Cool. That's why I like them too. They are a way better string that Luxilon BB ALU or ORG. I was just curious, because I have seen you talking these up a lot lately.

Rafa's best friend
11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
One drawback is that it can die out after 2-3 weeks, although it may not break, and TW experts tell me that it is just a part of Poly strings, and there is nothing you can do.

BigServer1
11-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah they do lose tension, but not nearly as fast as ALU. Those were dead for me after 8 hours max. I usually break the Hurricane tour 17g after 2-3 weeks anyway, so it's not a huge thing for me. Great string though.

Chang
11-02-2006, 08:29 PM
The Hurricane Tour strings are really good for my baseline play. I'm going to ditch the Big Banger.

kchau
11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
not to mention that hurricane tour is damned expensive.

im using supersmash spiky on my mains, and its less than half the cost of pro hurricane tour