PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling good clamps?

strcmp
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey

I have a gamma x-2 machine and the clamps are just way too bulky.
Is anyone selling some good used flying clamps? (thin and still good quality)
Or know where to get them cheap?

I've heard laserfibre is the best.

Thanks

Richie Rich
11-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey

I have a gamma x-2 machine and the clamps are just way too bulky.
Is anyone selling some good used flying clamps? (thin and still good quality)
Or know where to get them cheap?

I've heard laserfibre is the best.

Thanks

are you using the plastic floating clamps that came with the machine? they aren't the best are they? i notice the string slips a little when i clamp it off ersulting in a slightly lower tension than i want. easy to fix - i just string 2 lbs higher to compensate.

i've heard the LF clamps are good too. spend your money on good quality clamps and you likely won't have to buy any more for a long time. don't cheap out and buy inferior stuff. it just ends up breaking faster.

max
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I know what you mean; I have a Gamma clamp. Believe it or not, you should check out the Klippermate steel clamps. These open and close, quick and efficiently, go in places fabulously, do a great job, etc. I'm pretty sure Klippermate sells them individually. Boy, using the Gamma really slows me down; I have to use both hands to open the dam thing.

John Zheng
11-15-2006, 11:18 PM
I know what you mean; I have a Gamma clamp. Believe it or not, you should check out the Klippermate steel clamps. These open and close, quick and efficiently, go in places fabulously, do a great job, etc. I'm pretty sure Klippermate sells them individually. Boy, using the Gamma really slows me down; I have to use both hands to open the dam thing.

I second the Klippermate recommendation. You can get them here: http://www.klipperusa.com/products/productdetail.php?catnum=A330

I have an old Klippermate, and it was solid. Just that having to repull the drop weight started driving me crazy after a while, and I upgraded to a LaserFibre.

Rather pricy at $30, but then a stringer's costs that much or more, and they come with a lifetime warranty.

kchau
11-15-2006, 11:45 PM
klipper clamps are nice, they are probably my favorite flying clamps, not to mention great warranty too.

no crazy diamond coated dust, just sand when they slip.

Young Pete
11-15-2006, 11:51 PM
i agree klipper clamps are excellent! good ol' klip!

ccelis
11-16-2006, 06:53 AM
I have used the Silent Partner all metal clamps and they are good and have very slim profile. They are $30 each.
I now have the Laserfibre floating clamps and they are as good as everyone has said. They hold better, with the least amount off pressure and don't crush the string like some other I have used. Mine cost me approx $48 each, but I think they are well worth the additional money and I think they will last longer then anyother flying clamp. I got mine directly from Laserfibre.