PDA

View Full Version : PD = spinmachine

cantaloupe
08-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Ok I have to admit, I have been caught up in the players racquet hurricane, thinking that the most underpowered stick is the best one for my game. I have been playing with the i prestige strung with Ultratour/ve team in my raquet for the last while. Yesterday I played with a PD Standard and I couldn' believe how much easier it was to generate spin with this stick than my racquet, compared to the PD the i prestige felt like a 2x4.

Anyway I have decided to switch to the pure drive, so if anyone would like to trade their babolat PD std 41/2 with 2 or 3 I prestige mids let me now, one is newly strung with ultratour/vs team, condition 9.5/10, one strung with rip con/vs team, condition 6/10 (hairline crack at throat), and one brand newnever used i prestige, missing a bumper guard and grip, let me know!!! Thanks

BigK35
08-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hammer time :P

I was in the same situation as you about a month ago. I had an i.Prestige MP(which is a 2x4) and was having trouble generating enough spin but the power level was just right for my game. So I demoed about 6 racquets and found the Wilson PS 6.0 95. The racquet has the exact same power level as the i.Prestige MP, except that the PS has massive spin and great feel because of all the flex. My game has never been so good.

-BigK35-

Azza
09-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Pohh... I cant believe the irony of all this. I was in both of your alike situations above only my problems with my 3 i.Prestige MP's related additionally to the fact that they have absolutely destroyed my right arm. I cant use that racquet without having some form of pain during and definately after sets.

Dont get me wrong I loved the Head's and admittedly I had no issue in regards to generating spin and/or power with them, but, since changing to the PD's, I can believe how much easier everything is.

At first, I was skeptical about the fact that I was going from a dense string pattern on the Head's strung with Bab Pro Hurricane at 62lbs and going to an more open string pattern strung with a PH/Wilson Sensation blend at 57lbs but all in all, I cant believe how well this racquet performs and how easier the transistion was.

In looking, I was searching for a racquet that was easier to use (in terms of comfort) without losing control out of what a more traditional "players" frame provides. With the PD I seem to have found that mix. I've seemingly had no issue either with the PD's woofer system especially in regards to all the ranting and raving about the racquet being too powerful? I find it just as powerful as my Head's if not less at times but with more spin potential?. Eitherway, :D 2 thumbs up :D from me!

sandro
09-15-2004, 11:54 PM
This simply demostrates how different (thank God) we are.
As I did the opposite path, from PD std to Prestige Mid, and recently went to C-10 Pro (also liked a lot the PS 95), may I suggest to demo for an extended period? The difference from PD and Prestige is HUGE...