PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Suggestions 4.0 Player

snafilter
08-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been reading through the forum for the past few hours trying to get an idea of what to buy. A bit of history. I'm 25, male fairly active as far as sports are concerned. Height 5'8"

Started playing tennis senior year in high school, played as a walk-on at a junior college, then USTA level 4.0 for a few seasons. Took a few years off and now am playing K-Swiss (ultimatetennis). I'm going to the 4.0 level next season.

In college i played with a Pro Kennex 5G Reach, had horrible elbow problems, but played through it. Then I bought some Spalding, don't know the model number, but again a reach racquet at 28 inich, mainly to help with the serve.

Well now I need a new racquet, the spalding is starting to feel dead, and i'm not generating any power. I think I have a fast long swing, and a two handed backhand. I play mostly off the baseline, and the only time i'm coming to net is if you make me, or i have a easy putaway.

Looking forward to your suggestions.
Thanks

rosine
08-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Your story sounds similar to mine. I recently just picked tennis again after few years off. I was looking for a racquet too. I demoed the POG Mid and like it so much I bought 2. If you need more power, maybe you should try the POG OS. Both are very arm-friendly. You being a 4.0 player, I am assuming you have full strokes that is needed for the POGs. You should really look into demoing either stick or both.

snafilter
08-10-2004, 08:45 AM
By POG do you mean the...

Prince Graphite Classic (Original) as its listed on the TW site?

rosine
08-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Exactly.

snafilter
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
But i'm concerned about switching from a 28' to a 27'

The NXG offers a 27.5' which might be better suited, but the reviews from POG users indicated that NXG doesn't compare to the PGO.

srvnvly
08-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Wilson's SurgeX is worth a demo. If you are used to a player's racquet, expect a more powerful, yet tameable, racquet. Good luck!