PDA

View Full Version : Where to demo - Atlanta GA

snafilter
08-10-2004, 10:10 AM
I know TW has a demo option but are there other avenues? I live in Atlanta GA, if anyone has some local suggestions.

Mall like Sports Authority doesn't have sqat for selection in their Demos.

netman
08-10-2004, 11:04 AM
If you are outside 285, try Your Serve. They have locations all over the suburbs. Their web site has locations and hours. They have a large selection of the major brands.

spt
08-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Serious Tennis also has a large selection of frames. Most of these shoppes as well as your serve are north of town.

K. Wilson Moose
08-10-2004, 03:15 PM
North Fulton Tennis Center used to have a nice pro shop and demo program. Haven't demoed there in the last couple of years though.

Now, I just pay a few extra bucks and demo from TW. It's really difficult to beat their selection, and I like the convenience.

Jerry Seinfeld
08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Where in Atlanta? Let us know and we can give you some specific options.

snafilter
08-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Lawrenceville, but i'll look up those shops. I am willing to use TW but i'm horrible about mailing stuff back, even if it is pre-posted and all. I know its lame but some of us are just built that way :)

Thanks everyone

spt
08-11-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm also in lawrenceville. Collins Hill Athletic club has some fisher demos (don't know if they lend to non-members). You also have a serious tennis over in Suwannee (not far from Lawrenceville-suwannee road) and you've got a your serve down in snellville.

Gaines Hillix
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Sports Authority has some demoes and Galyn's may also.

rich s
08-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Serious tennis (Roswell/Alpharetta) has the biggest demo selection I've ever come across.

Shane Reynolds
08-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Go see Jack or Carl at Your Serve in Snellville. They're good people. If you want to do a lot of demos, take the $30 option and you can keep out 3 racquets at a time for a week at a time and you can recheck them. You get the $30 credit back on your purchase and if you buy two of the same stick, you get 20% off the 2nd one.

I love TW (though they're not what they used to be) but I try to give a little business to the local shop as well.

snafilter
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Shane - I don't understand the recheck bit from your post. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot.

Shane Reynolds
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Some places make you turn in a racquet after the demo period before you can check it back out again. Your Serve will let you keep the same racquet out for a while as long as you recheck it each week. It's good when you like the demo you have but bad when you're waiting on something to come back in from someone else so you can get it.