PDA

View Full Version : Ti. Radical MP to i. Prestige??

comeon787
08-10-2004, 01:06 PM
I started out with the Ti. Radical MP and started putting lead tape on it at the handle and at the 3-9 oclock and throat area. I found that the racquet played JUST the way i like it.

But one day I picked up a head i prestige midplus and it felt very similar to my ti. radical.

is this possible with a cheap racquet and changing the balance and swingweight to match a performance racquet?

pchoi04
08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Probably... Didn't you say that it was just the way you want it and that the I.prestige was similar?

BigK35
08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
The Radical is not a cheap racquet.

Cheap racquets are Wilson Impacts.

-BigK35-

newbie123
08-10-2004, 05:32 PM
I also remeber someone posting a while ago saying their weighted Ti.Rad MP felt very similar/the same as LM Prestige MP

Comeon - is the Ti.Rad MP as "stiff" as the RDC 65 suggests?
It seems that if they are similar to Prestiges then they are actually more flexible. Also, with leadtape on, how big is the sweetspot?

Thanks

Radical Shot
08-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Yep, that's how I like my TiRadicals. Lead tape at 3 and 9 and a whole bunch of it in the throat. Feels great, like the prestige.
________
ford fiesta (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Fiesta)

Kid A
08-10-2004, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't call racquets like the ti.rad, i.rad, etc. cheap. They are lower priced because the titanium and intelligence technologies are older and head is trying to push their newer tech (Liquidmetal).

AC
08-11-2004, 08:46 AM
I thought the i.Prestige MP played much stiffer than its RDC rating would suggest. It definitely had a firm feel to it. That crispness though is what many people favored over the more flexible feel of some of the older Prestiges or even the LM version. The i.P MP definitely has a unique feel to it.

comeon787
08-11-2004, 09:01 AM
no i didnt mean that the ti. radical is a cheap racquet

i meant that is it possible with otehr racquets from walmart

newbie, the sweetspot is pretty good i think its gotten more stable and it doesnt twist as much