PDA

View Full Version : tennis in kauai

vancouvergal
11-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Kauai .....Looking for ladies or mixed doubles. I am a good doubles player 3.5, keen and willing to drive although would prefer Kapaa area. Contact Carol at (808)823-8293 from March 13-19 then March 20-27 at 808-821-2722.I am in Kapaa area for month.,mid March to mid April, 2007. Thanks. Carol

GRANITECHIEF
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Carol, go to or call the Princeville tennis club. They play everyday around 4pm and drop ins are welcome. Talk to the pro, Coco. There is also a nice lady that plays there quite a bit named Latoa, who seems to know several other ladies.

Tough to beat playing in Kauai, especially if you like to sweat!

vancouvergal
11-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the info on tennis.....CarolCarol, go to or call the Princeville tennis club. They play everyday around 4pm and drop ins are welcome. Talk to the pro, Coco. There is also a nice lady that plays there quite a bit named Latoa, who seems to know several other ladies.

Tough to beat playing in Kauai, especially if you like to sweat!

christophertowle
12-01-2006, 09:13 PM
This may already be too late, but 2 places I have played at are on the other side of the island from Princeville (on the south/east side of the island):

poipu tennis club in Poipu. The have a family 1 month membership for ~$40 (I think) and they have mixers several times a week and everyone is very nice and enjoyable. There is a lady who plays there who is like #1 in 70's or 80's and is a very solid player.

I have also played at the place just up the street from the Kauai Marriott resort in Kaanapali beach area. They too have a "month" membership and it is right adjacent to the Marriott resort in Lihue. This place is nice, but IMHO the courts need some "love" and could be better maintained. This is kind of a "put your name down and hook up with someone at the hotel/resort" who wants to play.

I am fully confident the the Princeville place is VERY nice and that is one of the most beautiful spots on that island.

You will enjoy it where ever you end up.

Cheers.
Chris