PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Stringing Machines

tennisstringer23
11-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I have been in the market for an electric stringing machine a few months ago. I looked at the Eagnas because of their ad in multiple tennis magazines so I figured I would investigate it more. After reading reviews on multiple sites, some good most bad, I decided to bite the bullet and give them a shot since they are located somewhat close to me (I'm in Arizona they are in California).

After talking to a fellow stringer, they purchased a stand up 800 series but it was DOA. I thought to myself, there is bound to be one bad in a bunch. So to get more information on the product I wanted, I called Eagnas. I was met with some of the most rudest and impatient people I have ever encountered. It was the typical "you like you buy" attitude. They were not interested in answering any of my questions. They stated that it was a warehouse and if you like you buy. I was hesitant at first but after talking to them more, I would have hated to get ANY support from these people. I visited this link on their website:

http://www.eagnas.com/maxfaq/qmeanles.html

Wow, its a wonder that this company is still in business but I guess they just want to move volume and provide no assistance. No thanks, i'll save my money. Just had to vent!!

deuceside
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
It's good that you save your money and a lot of headache.

When i was searching for a tennis stringer a while ago, I thought about buying an Eagnas machine because of their price but after talking to their CS, I had decided not to buy one. Just like you, I had a rude buy-it or go-somewhere-else attitude.

I am now, a very happy owner of Prince Neos 1000. For a crank machine, this is the best machine ever.

One question though, did you ever get yourself a machine?

Richie Rich
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
ya, eagnas is pretty much crap to deal with. i have an old gamma II machine and wanted to upgrade the 2pt mount to a 6pt mount. 5 minute call to them and i was set up with the correct parts. took the time to thuroughly explain things. i was impressed.

some companies get it, some don't. eagnas apparently doesn't get what customer service is all about. 99% of the comments i've read from people who bought there machines were negative.

varuscelli
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I had sort of a . . . "same flavor" response from the Mutual Power sellers in Houston when I asked if I could come by and see their machines in person since I was only a relatively short drive from their business address.

They told me they were Internet based only and added:

"You can browse from our web site for stringing machine, that will be the exactly as you see in person. We can arrange a location for you to pick up."

I don't know anything else about them, other than getting that response, but it was a bit of a turnoff from the beginning. I looked elsewhere. (Although I have heard some good stuff about Mutual Power machines.)

theace21
11-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Try a search and you will find your experience is pretty much the norm. They offer the lowest prices, if that is all that is important to you then go for it. If you have questions or concerns, you are probably out of luck...

Kevo
11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I have an eagnas machine and have been fairly happy with it. It is solid for the most part although I did have to get a bearing replaced. It took 2 emails and 2 calls to get the part, but they did send it free since it was under warranty. I probably wouldn't recommend a first time stringer buy an Eagnas machine. It also helps to be a bit mechanically inclined, but that is probably true with any stringing.

josephhkim
11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
its true that eagnus is a very cheap machine.

However, you're getting total crap for tech support.

Its sorta like gambling. If you're lucky and u get a good machine with no problems, tech support doesn't matter, and so everything goes smoothly.

however, if there is a problem, you're pretty much on your own.

rod_b
11-07-2006, 06:06 AM
I have an Eagnas Flex 940 and it has served me well so far. I only chose this because it was a crank and had good features and I live close enough to go knock on the door if I have any issues. However, if you're interested in an electric machine, I would suggest you get one from a company with a reputable customer service dept. Electronics can fail for many reasons...most of which most people cannot fix. Either that or get a cheap, upgradeable machine from Eagnas and upgrade the electronics from another company...like Wise or Gamma.

valpro06
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I emailed Eagnas to ask them a question and they wouldn't even answer the question. Instead they kept pointing me to their FAQ page and to their Web page. I suspect there support is lacking too.

tennisstringer23
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I decided to not purchase a machine from them period. My friend decided to be a champ and let me use his drop weight. Once I get tired of the drop weight (which may be after 2-3 racket jobs), I will probably invest in a crank, or perhaps a silent partner electric.

theace21
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
I decided to not purchase a machine from them period. My friend decided to be a champ and let me use his drop weight. Once I get tired of the drop weight (which may be after 2-3 racket jobs), I will probably invest in a crank, or perhaps a silent partner electric.
Stick with the crank or a inexpensive electric machine...

eunjam
11-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I emailed Eagnas to ask them a question and they wouldn't even answer the question. Instead they kept pointing me to their FAQ page and to their Web page. I suspect there support is lacking too.

that's an understatement.

i think i mentioned somewhere.....eagnas is a great thesis topic for some MBA student out there.

they do everything wrong and bully their paying customers.....yet they still make money.

go figure.

theace21
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Someone will always by the cheapest machine possible. Support costs money. They just import and export. If you have any questions, you need to go look in another direction.

Jenscoach
05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I think there are many other better, much better machines than what Eagnas has to offer. I WILL SAY ONE GOOD THING: I ordered from them a starting clamp for $15 (superior quality) and bent needle nose pliers $3, He told me on the phone to include $5 shipping, the postage cost him 4.95 and it came from California to Pa in a week. I sent a postal money order so I think if you stick with tools or strings or grips etc. you may do ok with them.

nadalfan!
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
I think there are many other better, much better machines than what Eagnas has to offer. I WILL SAY ONE GOOD THING: I ordered from them a starting clamp for $15 (superior quality) and bent needle nose pliers $3, He told me on the phone to include $5 shipping, the postage cost him 4.95 and it came from California to Pa in a week. I sent a postal money order so I think if you stick with tools or strings or grips etc. you may do ok with them.

This was unnecessary. There is no reason in your post to bump a 2 year old thread. Make a new one if you want to talk about a topic.

Jenscoach
05-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Opps sorry, I honestly didn't realize I was bumping threads, after this I better check with you first before replying on a company's customer service.

Uvijek Argen
03-02-2013, 05:46 PM
I have an eagnas machine and have been fairly happy with it. It is solid for the most part although I did have to get a bearing replaced. It took 2 emails and 2 calls to get the part, but they did send it free since it was under warranty. I probably wouldn't recommend a first time stringer buy an Eagnas machine. It also helps to be a bit mechanically inclined, but that is probably true with any stringing.

Kevo, knowing that you still active posting I want to ask you in regard the bearing replacement. I do have a drop weight with a clutch( Flex 740) and seems the bearing broke. I will need to contact them this week. How much it cost you?