PDA

View Full Version : Yonex R-10

afterglow
08-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I've been using an old Yonex R-10 for awhile now. I love this racket but unfortunately it is basically out of commission now and i need to find something new. I know this racket is extremely old but i've played my best tennis with it and was wondering if there is anything on the market now that is similar to it.

I don't know very much about what is out there now...but i loved the fact that the R10 had such good control and was able to handle my long groundstroks well. I was always able to hit long powerful drives from teh baseline without worrying about the ball sailing out. I need something similar to this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

stevewcosta
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, I had to abandon Yonex since they stopped making racs. like the R-22 and R-10. I also played much better tennis with these frames and haven't been too pleased since (and I've tried them all). I think your best bet would be the Wilson 6.0 95. I am not too thrilled w/the thick beam (yes, I think 20 mm is thick), but everything else makes it a decent frame. I don't understand why no manufacturers can make a good box beam 95 sq. in., standard length <19MM, not-too-dense string pattern frame anymore (that plays as well as the old Yonex R's).

PS: TW is still selling the R-22 (Bosworth) but only in a 5/8 grip size. I realize the head size is much smaller than the R-10, but it's a great opportunity to own the good old stuff. I didn't want to pay an additional $50 per frame to get the grip remolded.

thomas martinez
08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
If you want to stay with Yonex, go and peep out the RDX 500s...Just might do the trick for you...

afterglow
08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys....I actually got to demo a head liquidmetal prestige today at work and really loved it. Also tried a prince tour nxg, which was decent, but just didn't feel as good as the head.