PDA

View Full Version : need some feedback on the yonex r-23

brijoel
08-10-2004, 03:42 PM
so i keep looking at this racquet over and over again.....im a bit of a stickler for not liking to add my own weight to a racquet other than say a leather grip if it doesnt already have one. at 13.6 ounces, this thing sounds like itd be a hell of a beast of a racquet to play with....which i like :twisted:
however, i havent seen really any talk about this racquet or even all the possibilities this racquet could be good for.
cmon, 13.6 ounces/8 pts head light/ and a 356 swing weight, sounds like one bad *** serve and volley stick to me that would roll through even the hardest shot.

this is one of the few player's racquets ive never hit with, so all comments, suggestions, whatever is welcome.
thanks.

brijoel
08-10-2004, 07:57 PM
bump..............
anyone?

Bo
08-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Actually I prefer playing it at the back of the court than up front - it's just "felt" very heavy to move around. Mind you my usual rackets are all of 365 grams though. Don't know why though.

Anyway, it 's a nice racket to play with. I prefer the 23 than 22.

brijoel
08-11-2004, 05:36 PM
thanks for the comments, what racquet are you using?

anyone else care to give some deeper insight? perhaps a review even?

theprophe
08-19-2004, 10:18 PM
great racquet. The best part is the very solid feel and control, especially from the baseline. i have 3 that i used, now going with a rdx500 mp which has alot more pop but sacrifices control. Racquet prep is a must especially volleying, but mishits are alot more gentl to your arm, almost plowing through the ball