PDA

View Full Version : Should I install

JimmyChapter
08-10-2004, 04:44 PM
I bought a leathergrip and I was wondering if I should go to a Certified Stringer to replace it? I wrapped plenty of overgrips, but I'm scared I'd ruin the grip if I do it myself.

What is the cost to have someone replace it?

Power Game
08-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Do it yourself. The one problem may be stapling the grip to the handle, but you may or may not have to do it.

Pros charge about $5

kninetik
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Hopefully when you rip out the old grip, the sticky residue will be left over so you can use it as a guideline to see if you are on track or not.

Young Pete
08-11-2004, 02:06 AM
most leather grips do have some adhesive on the back.....i strongly suggest you install it yourself....u dont really need a stapler...just make sure to wrap it evenly and tight.

:wink:

Ace
08-11-2004, 08:59 AM
definately do it yourself. its not difficult. i do mine and i don't use the staple. like the above post said, just make sure you wrap it evenly and tight. and make note of the angle and direction of your old grip, so you get it just right.

nazer13
08-11-2004, 09:42 AM
if your worried about the grip slipping you can always lay down some double sided tape to help with it.

JimmyChapter
08-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I tried wrapping the grip myself and I am stuck at the end. I don't know how to finish the grip and put on the finishing tape. Little help please

Ace
08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
you have to cut the end with scissors in such a way that when you wrap it, it will be straight across the top.
you can wrap it up higher, then get a pen, and draw the straight line you want around the grip. then unwrap it and make the cut.
it will end up that you are just cutting a tapered end off the rest of the grip. then put the tape on and you are done.