PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Complete

admin
11-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Welcome back. After a day of updating databases and configuring an updated board, its looking like everything is back on track. Please post and let us know if you find any problems with the board. Thanks.

~Jeremy

jaykay
11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Welcome back. After a day of updating databases and configuring an updated board, its looking like everything is back on track. Please post and let us know if you find any problems with the board. Thanks.

~Jeremy

The PM functionality (clicking on the screen name to send an e-mail) has been removed, it appears. Is this by design?

Also, the admin/mod shout box forum, seen here: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33 , is visible to all. Is this in error?

Just bringing this to your attention.

Thnx,
jaykay.

Tchocky
11-09-2006, 10:38 AM
My post count dropped from about 2,100 to 1,834...what gives?

pNoyr3D
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, like jaykay said. The email feature is not there, when you click on the name of the poster and than click email. It's not there, very useful feature and really hope you get it back up. I was actually trying to look for it minutes ago.

abenguyen
11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
also in the other threads like racquets, etc. , at the bottom there use to be the bar just like at the top that says Talk Tennis > Talk Tennis > Talk Tennis Updates > Upgrade Complete where you can click on that link to go to that section. you guys took it off and so now when i finish reading a thread and get to the bottom i can't just click on that button that says "racquets" anymore. i have to scroll all the way to the top to press it.

Mike Cottrill
11-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Bad link in stickies:
See thread in TW coments
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=104968

NoBadMojo
11-10-2006, 09:02 AM
do you plan on making the multi quote feature work or does it and i'm missing something? that would be a great feature. when you click on it, it lights up, but nothing seems to happen. thanks

cabernetjunkie
11-10-2006, 09:34 AM
do you plan on making the multi quote feature work or does it and i'm missing something? that would be a great feature. when you click on it, it lights up, but nothing seems to happen. thanks

NBM, click on the multi quote feature and it will turn red. Do that for each post you want to reply to and then hit post reply and it will bring up all the posts you wanted to reply to.

cj

NoBadMojo
11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
NBM, click on the multi quote feature and it will turn red. Do that for each post you want to reply to and then hit post reply and it will bring up all the posts you wanted to reply to.

cj

ohhhhhhhhh thanks cj...i was expecting that each time i clicked on the multi quote it would just add the content to the posting composition window..didnt think i had to click on post reply as thought that would post a reply as in post a reply ...

kchau
11-10-2006, 07:08 PM
what happened to all of my subscribed threads?

exruda
11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Any chance I'll get to see a private message that was sent to me after the new software took off? since then, PM has been disabled, but I'm still haunted by a "Private Messages: Unread 1" line every time I load a forum page :mrgreen:

Swissv2
11-10-2006, 07:17 PM
muhahhahahah, you will never see that message, NEVER!

rawrrrrrr!!! :p

looseswing
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
also none of the posts in the sticky in the tennis tips section lead to their original threads.

Marius_Hancu
11-12-2006, 10:23 AM
TW:

There are serious problems related to searches:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=104869

Marius_Hancu
11-12-2006, 10:26 AM
also none of the posts in the sticky in the tennis tips section lead to their original threads.

This should have been taken care of indeed, but it wasn't.

All the internal (TW) links in previous postings should have been corrected automatically during the upgrade, had this been done properly.

Next time, TW, come to me, and we'll be doing it for you (but not for free):-)

SteveI
11-13-2006, 01:23 AM
My post count dropped from about 2,100 to 1,834...what gives?

Yes... why did most folks lose a # of posts. I am guessing they just trimed the DB?

Steve

armand
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I hate how each page of a thread now only has 10 posts! Before it was 15, what was wrong with that?? Bring it back, please.

It now looks like relatively short threads are outta control because many pages accumulate quickly and so it just looks like some flame war outta control. Or a dinner topic that I'm so late to arrive to that I'll just skip it altogether.

My activity within the forum is decreasing.http://gfx2.mail.live.com/mail/11.00/beta/emoticons/smile_sad.gif
(I know someone will say "Good!" and to them I say "jerk")

admin
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
You can change how many posts per page you would like via your User CP panel.

User CP ---> Edit Options ---> Thread Display Options ---> Number of Posts to show per Page.

Deuce
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM

User CP ---> Edit Options ---> Thread Display Options ---> Number of Posts to show per Page.
Yes, and that's appreciated. But how about bumping up the default to at least 20 posts per page (when we're not logged in)?
As someone above mentioned, the previous default was 15 posts per page. Now it's 10. More page changes being necessary is not good.

Thanks.

SteveI
11-14-2006, 12:18 PM

~Jeremy

HI TW,

How do you turn on the display for active user list? Does not seem to appear on my screen and I can't locate the option to turn it on...

Steve

abenguyen
11-14-2006, 05:58 PM
they fixed the issue i put up! Thanks Tennis Warehouse!

Zuras
11-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Not sure how to go about this. There doesn't be some sort of moderator type forum. In any event, I'm wondering if you guys have the power to IP ban people from your forums. You have one guy that uses a variety of alliases to completely troll and personally attack other people(see my sig for a few of the names). i've never been on a message board that tolerated his actions as a poster and the use of sock puppets. A regular ban isn't going to stop this behavior at all so if you can't IP ban people it makes sense how this guy is still around,

SteveI
11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
HI TW,

How do you turn on the display for active user list? Does not seem to appear on my screen and I can't locate the option to turn it on...

Steve

Hi,

Looks like the Active UserList is back.. thanks TW

armand
11-17-2006, 02:33 AM

User CP ---> Edit Options ---> Thread Display Options ---> Number of Posts to show per Page.Thanks, but there is no option for 15. Only 10, 20 etc. http://gfx2.mail.live.com/mail/11.00/beta/emoticons/smile_sad.gif

La Bomba
11-17-2006, 03:04 PM
You have murdered my avatar!!!!!!!!! Now it is huge!!!!Please get to how it used to be! THanks in advance

Lakoste
11-22-2006, 10:04 PM
You have murdered my avatar!!!!!!!!! Now it is huge!!!!Please get to how it used to be! THanks in advance

Do it yourself, it isnt rocket science

BiGGieStuFF
11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Do it yourself, it isnt rocket science

he won't be able to upload an animated gif. That's why he doesn't want to change it.

Lakoste
11-23-2006, 05:55 PM
he won't be able to upload an animated gif. That's why he doesn't want to change it.

Ahhh, I see...

I would rather have a unanimated avatar than a POS stretched out animated one, but I guess I can see why he would want to keep it the way it is...:confused:

dirkgnuf
11-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but when one does a google search for something on talk tennis, and it's archived, usually the archived link no longer exists and links to more recent threads.

armand
11-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but when one does a google search for something on talk tennis, and it's archived, usually the archived link no longer exists and links to more recent threads.This could be useful as the search function is crapping out. Thanks.

(still would like to have the search function corrected though)

vive le beau jeu !
11-29-2006, 02:36 AM
i guess now it must be too late for fixing this (?) but the links to threads/posts included in posts previously to the upgrade are not valid anymore... :?
(the thread/post reference numbers seem to have changed with the upgrade)