PDA

View Full Version : Best Prestige Classic 600 of all time

JWC
08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Last year I demoed a PC 600 from TW and adored this racquet. Then I ended up buying one off of this forum and when I got it, the racquet looked and played completely different. It seemed like the head shape was more oval too. I didn't like it and sold the one I bought. I recently noticed that people make a big deal about selling the one from TW.

My question is: What is the difference between the TW version and the "other one" and which is the better racquet? Can anyone compare these specs?

Also, Where can I find some from TW in a 4 1/2 grip??? Let me know if anyone has one and wants to get rid of it. My email is jwcourtney2004@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Josh

Colpo
08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
"More oval?"

Don't kill yourself over this one: any differences are the stuff of myth. That said, I've got no idea why anybody would search for a TW version over the PC 600's sold by any other retailers since the late '90s. There's no difference -- in fact, Head spends alot of money ensuring consistency from frame to frame.

Safe bet that if you were to string the one you bought EXACTLY like the playtest model you liked so much, they'd play the same. String and string tension makes a huge difference, it's tough to give any frame a fair shake without customizing those specs to your taste.

JWC
08-11-2004, 11:44 AM
I could absolutely swear that there was a difference in these racquets. The demo from TW was different than the one I bought elsewhere. The one from TW did have a head shape different than the other version. Has anyone else experienced this. I really don't think I'm going crazy but please let me know if I am. I will drive straight to the psych unit. Can anyone back me up on this. Maybe the Austrian ones are different a bit????

Josh

Brad Smith
08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
There are differences in specs. I have many TW PC 600's and many older ones. Some of the older ones have similar specs to the TW ones, but the rest are slightly heavier (about 10 grams on average). I have heard a number of people talk about an older version that is heavier and stiffer than ones made in the past few years. Maybe there is something to that.