PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros French Open 2007

vascoboy
11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
planning a trip to the French Open, see 1st & 2nd round play (first 4-5 days)...been to Paris many times, but this is 1st at Roland Garros, so any tips & recommendations about the grounds, tickets,...would be great!

diadorakuerten
11-13-2006, 11:58 AM
planning a trip to the French Open, see 1st & 2nd round play (first 4-5 days)...been to Paris many times, but this is 1st at Roland Garros, so any tips & recommendations about the grounds, tickets,...would be great!

You can usually buy tickets on site before the tournament and can also go to the qualies without buying tickets in advance. You might not be able to get the days that you want but it's a pain in the behind to buy tickets ahead of time through the FFT.

Rafa's best friend
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Just call grand slam sports tours and Go see RAFA dominate and toy with roger..

svilla
11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I went in 2002. A foreigner ordering tickets from the RG website is a pain. You get 3 choices of days, but they will only give you one day. I watched tennis for 7 days and bought my tickets on the street each day. The problem with this is that the RG tickets are so complicated. On the ticket there is a part that is torn off when you enter the stadium and also hole-puched when entering the grounds. I learned the hard way, as on one day I bought a ticket that had already been hole-punched (making it invalid) and had to talk my way in. So you are taking chances. It only happened once. For the early rounds if you arrive at around 1pm, the prices of the tickets on the street drop dramatically. Matches start at 11am, I think. Just look for a good deal. Also, all tickets have someone's name on them. The tickets on the street are from those who didn't want to go and then sold them to those on the street. They don't check that the name matches you.

Good luck. A good Slam to experience!!

Rafa's best friend
11-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Please Call GRAND SLam tennis trip travel, they are the best, they will even fix you up with a Companion if you wish, RAFA WILL DESTROY EVEYONQ