PDA

View Full Version : Best racquets for begginer

aramik
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Any suggestions on what would be the best racquet for a begginer?

jdeloach
11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Any suggestions on what would be the best racquet for a begginer?

I would say the LM Radical OS would be a good choice. You could play it for a long time and can't beat the price.

bcsax123
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
I would say anything you want. You won't notice a big difference if your a beginner.

Kirko
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Prince Orginal Graphite Oversize and heres why if you are somewhat serious about playing well you will be "jumping all over the ball" in short order and keep on using it. it has wonderful weight and it swings like "wet dream". at 12.2 and 5 points head light its perfect for a beginner or experienced player. it will give you spin before you learn how to actually apply it. its worth a demo. I think.

Voltron
11-13-2006, 04:13 PM
I would say the LM Radical OS would be a good choice. You could play it for a long time and can't beat the price.

Probably, although it might be a little demanding, maybe an OS babolat or wilson n-six-two OS.

Prince Orginal Graphite Oversize and heres why if you are somewhat serious about playing well you will be "jumping all over the ball" in short order and keep on using it. it has wonderful weight and it swings like "wet dream". at 12.2 and 5 points head light its perfect for a beginner or experienced player. it will give you spin before you learn how to actually apply it. its worth a demo. I think.

No, I think not, WAY too demanding for a beginner.

rainmaker
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
keep in mind you'll may want something more forgiving on off center hits and light enough to maneuver around the court as you enjoy the game while you learn the basics.

demo some first to get a feel for them before you drop $150 bucks on one.... at the USTA shop around me demos are just $5.00 bucks!

i would look into the Head Liquid metal heat mid plus, Prince 03 blue and 03 Tour in OS, and other OS racquets... even the Wilson ncodes are nice and forgiving...

i would keep it around 9.5 to 10.5 oz with head sizes in the 102 to 110 range

there are tons of them that match these criterias so go to your nearest shop and check them out in person.

and don't forget to take a basic course....level I and Level II...then work from there..

Kirko
11-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Probably, although it might be a little demanding, maybe an OS babolat or wilson n-six-two OS.

No, I think not, WAY too demanding for a beginner. if 12.2 oz. is too heavy then tennis is not your thing. you WILL ABSOLUTELY go no where with a 10 oz. racket.

LoveThisGame
11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I would also say that you can use just about any frame in the beginning and that endo of model sales can be a good source.

I would not got to Wal-mart, etc for a cheapy.

I would stay away from frames with wide beams (thickness) or very stiff or very light frames. Those Head Ti.S6 racquets are an example of what not to use. Why? Because if the frame is too powerful, you won't develop decent strokes/mechanics, and, if too stiff, your body may yell at you (and poor mechanics may also lead to body complaints).