PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Santa Barbara - Where?

nyc
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
My wife and I are going to Santa Barbara over Thanksgiving Week and are looking to get a lesson or two in while we're there. Can anyone recommend a place with good teaching pros? TCSB?

Granitechief, any suggestions?

Thanks!
:)

atatu
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Dude, it's UCSB, ...sorry but I'm an alum. I'll defer to to GC on this one, but there is a Tennis Club of Santa Barbara that you could google for info. There's also a good muni tennis at Pershing Park and I had some friends who went up to Solvang (30 miles north) and took lessons at Alisal Guest Ranch.

eunjam
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
contact granitechief. he's a santa barbara local. he's also a top notch player.

nyc
11-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks for thr replies...with TCSB I meant Tennis Club of Santa Barbara, not UCSB...

Gotta wait until Granitechief comes lurkin' then ;)

GRANITECHIEF
11-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Greetings nyc, I'm back from Kauai. Always good to hear about tennis players visiting my area. What level do you and your wife play? maybe we could have a hit.

The previous replies are helpful. The best instruction you can get around here would be with Mark Basham or Adam Webster at Tennis Club of Santa Barbara (TCSB). Also can get a very good lesson with Hugh Stratman at Cathedral Oaks Athletic Club. The city pro is good too, Vaughn Hitchcock, although maybe not at the level of the others, but maybe slightly better than Walt Seeman at Alisal. However, a trip to Alisal for some tennis followed by wine tasting (as in the Sideways movie) would be top notch.

If you don't have any luck with those options, let me known and i can do a little more digging. Enjoy!!

nyc
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks Granitechief, very helpful! I knew I could count on you! :D

As far as level goes, we are more likely to be competitive in the wine tasting realm. ;)

I'm about a 3.5 and my wife a 2.5 (in tennis)

Swissv2
11-14-2006, 01:50 PM
You could check with the local USTA association and see whats up!