PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint Prestige Mid Plus users

tennisguy11
11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Have you customized your racquet with any lead tape? I am thinking about adding five grams at 3 and 9 and 7 above the handle. Does that sound like a nice set up? For you guys that have fooled with lead tape on this racquet, what did you find to be the best set up?

bcsax123
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I like mine stock because the maneuverabilty is so great. I'm think that 3 grams at 10 and 2, 3 grams at 8 and 4, and 10 grams under the grip would be good.

stormholloway
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Glad this thread is up.

I just bought a Flex Prestige MP and I'm really excited to use it. I was only able to demo the midsize and I loved the mid but felt that it took a great amount of concentration to hit the sweet spot every time. I like the idea of more dwell time and potentially more spin with the MP.

I don't anticipate adding lead because the balance is so perfect on the Prestige and I'd like to maintain maneuverability.

You guys enjoy this racquet? There have been some naysayers against the MP from what I've searched on the forum but the TW review says otherwise and I just can't see the MP being much different from the mid aside from slight shifts in power, spin and consistency.

The Prestige serves bombs though and hits very "true". I love it so far.

BigServer1
11-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Here's what I did with mine:

Volkl Leather grip, adding .5 oz total weight (going from 11.9-12.4)
10 Grams lead tape at 3 and 9 (12.4-12.8 )
Single Overgrip (12.8 to 13ish oz)

It's now about 13oz, 8pts HL, and it plays well. Better than stock, that's for sure. Serves are good, it's solid at net, and strong off the ground. It was heavy at first, but once you adjust to the weight you'll be fine.