PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige Mid Review

Power Game
08-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Just hit with my new LM Prestige mid. Here are some random thoughts

Strung with Head Fibergel (mains) and Technifibre Polyspin (crosses) at 56 on a constant pull machine
Previous racquet is Pro Staff Tour 90

The LM is much more flexible and feel great. The weight allowed for some more spin and more pace on serves and yet was still heavy enough to plow through groundstrokes. Control is unmatched with the 93 headsize and the dense string pattern. I noticed more spin with the LM despite the string pattern (due to the lesser weight). Comfort was great with the flex rating. Don't really like the shape of the handle, may take some time getting used to. The paintjob is awesome. My tour 90 felt more solid on backhands. Volleys were better with the LM. The LM has a huge sweetspot.

TO sum it up. I really like it. This is now my racquet of choice

Feel free to ask any questions

grind
08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
I've played one match with my new Prestige mids. I think the racquets feel extremely damp when hit in the sweetspot. I also don't like the shape of the handle. I hope it only takes getting used to. My worst fear is that a lifetime habit of holding the racquet will have to change.

JWC
08-11-2004, 07:21 PM
I just wanted to add my imput about the LM Prestige Mid. I keep trying to go away from it for some reason because I think I could get more spin elsewhere. I have to say though...each time I try another stick it doesn't even come close to the performance and pinpoint accuracy of my LM prestige mid and yes that includes the nCode 90, the nCode 95 and the Bab Pure Control.

I too hate the grip and am thinking of puting a leather one on it. I still plan to compare it to the PC classic 600 but I'm pretty sure that I am just going to stick to the prestige. I just point and it goes. Think the leather would make things feel better?

Also, has anyone compaired the PC 600 and the LM prestige mid. What is the general consensus?

Josh

Tolip
08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
I also would like to know is LM pres really THE ONE that really capable of substituting PC600.

Jincuteguy
08-11-2004, 10:02 PM
what's a pc600? also, how does the LM Prestige compare to the LM Radical Midplus and Oversize? thanks.

BLiND
08-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Gues I too dont like the head handle shape... so I bought my racket with a grip, one smaller than I am, and added another replacement grip to it, and it seems to make the rectangular shape feel less so.

JWC
08-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Has anyone replaced the grip with leather. I'm thinking of trying it and I hope it allows me to get more feedback from the racquet.

Tennis Guy
08-12-2004, 05:35 AM
Just hit with my new LM Prestige mid. Here are some random thoughts

Strung with Head Fibergel (mains) and Technifibre Polyspin (crosses) at 56 on a constant pull machine
Previous racquet is Pro Staff Tour 90

The LM is much more flexible and feel great. The weight allowed for some more spin and more pace on serves and yet was still heavy enough to plow through groundstrokes. Control is unmatched with the 93 headsize and the dense string pattern. I noticed more spin with the LM despite the string pattern (due to the lesser weight). Comfort was great with the flex rating. Don't really like the shape of the handle, may take some time getting used to. The paintjob is awesome. My tour 90 felt more solid on backhands. Volleys were better with the LM. The LM has a huge sweetspot.

TO sum it up. I really like it. This is now my racquet of choice

Feel free to ask any questions
I agree with what you said, I also liked it very much.

BTW, did you try it because Safin's racquet is painted to look like it, like I did?

I also would like to know is LM pres really THE ONE that really capable of substituting PC600.
I will be getting a PC600 so I will try to give a comparison. It may not be for a while and I don't remember exactly what the LM was like, though. (At the tennis shop I go to, you only get to demo racquets for one day. :()

what's a pc600? thanks.
It's a Head Prestige Classic 600.

thatballwas_IN
08-12-2004, 07:11 AM
The PC600 is great. Comes with leather grip and is about half the price of the LM marketing hype racquet.
OLD SCHOOL!

Jincuteguy
08-12-2004, 08:37 AM
So how does the LM Prestige Mid compare to the LM Radical Midplus and OS? thanks.

Power Game
08-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Tennis guy,
Yeah I paid attention to it because of Safin. But I did not buy it just because SAfin uses it or his is painted to look like it. This is good marketing, see a player with a new racquet, look into it, decide if you like it then get it.

Hey Jincuteguy,
The LM Radical Midplus and Oversize and the LM Prestige Mid are very far apart. You will notice a loss in power and a huge gain in control with the prestige. ALso the Radical line does not (except the new Tour) have as much weight, which may or may not be a problem for you (you can always add weight).
The PC 600 is a Prestige Classic 600 (600 cm2 = 93 in2).

From what I have read the LM prestige is the one to replace the PC 600 but not the i.prestige.

I may add a leather grip, anyone know how much weight it would add?

dcheung
08-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Power Game, synthetic grip normally weighs 14-16g while leather grip weighs 21-26g. The leather grip really enhanced the feel of the racquet.

Kid A
08-12-2004, 07:30 PM
I am ordering a LM pres, MP though, next week. May order a leather grip with it. I'd like some feedback on how the leather feels on the LM pres (either size).

Power Game
08-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks dcheung,
So that's 10 grams which is about .3 oz right?