PDA

View Full Version : Head grips

grind
08-11-2004, 06:00 PM
I just received my new LM Prestige mids, and as expected, my biggest challenge is getting used to Head's handles. I've played with Prince racquets for the last eight years and use eastern grips on both the forehand and backhand sides, and a continental grip for volleys. After playing a league match Monday night, my hands are sore in unusual places. Has anyone else made this adjustment? I would appreciate comments and advice.

TennsDog
08-11-2004, 06:20 PM
I am trying a LM Instinct right now and I agree that the grip is awkward from Prince (or really any other brand for that matter). After the first time out I felt like I was about to get blisters because of the shape. I am starting to get used to the shape just by playing with it more. As long as you don't grab other rackets, it will get easier and feel less weird. It seems like it may be a good grip for beginners to have a better feel for which grip they are using. But to use that coming from a normal grip is horrible.

sandro
08-11-2004, 11:28 PM
remove the grip, place two layers of thin electric tape on major bevels and you're done.

grind
08-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Sandro, brilliant idea. I like your inventiveness. You can bet I will give it a try. Thanks.

sandro
08-13-2004, 04:40 AM
You're welcome! It's just my personal experience, as i'm a former Head user, now play Volkl, and can't play with the original grip shape...