PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Machine Photo Project

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Hello, stringers of the Tennis Warehouse forums!

I am working with a large and loosely related group of stringers/contributors to put together a website that will serve as a stringing machine photo library.

To help collect as many images as possible for the project, we would like to put out a request for digital photos from the stringers and other contributors from this forum. This stringing machine image library consists of manufacturer stock images and personal photos contributed by stringers and machine owners from around the world.

Here is a link to the site’s home page:

Stringing Machine Photo Library Project (http://www.photostringer.com/)

We have collected and are displaying literally hundreds of photos for the website, and this number will easily grow into the thousands as the project grows.

The scope of the project is to consolidate as large and complete a collection of stringing machine photos as possible (of machines both new and old).

The greater the number of images we can post to the site, the less the person doing research will have to hunt on the internet or elsewhere.

The goal of the site is to provide a photo-based resource for tennis players, stringers, and small businesses owners who are:

Purchasing their first tennis racquet stringing machine
Upgrading their existing stringing machine
Switching to a different style or model of stringing machine
Visually comparing makes and models of stringing machines
Viewing stringing machine images for general reference purposesWhat Kind of Photos Are We Looking For?

One of the goals is to collect as many detailed owner/user photos as possible to go along with the rather generic, full-length photo images usually shown on vendor pages. Vendors and manufacturers are welcome to send in photos of new machines, as well, to help keep the image base current.

We are happy to accept any stringing machine photos that are contributed into the collection. However, ideal contributions consist of sets of images that include:

Photos of the entire machine from two or three angles (full length from front, back, and/or side)
Separate photos of major assemblies like the turntable (side view, end view, top view, angled views), stands, and tensioner mechanisms
Close-up shots of various machine components like clamp heads and bases, clamp teeth, clamp rails (when applicable), mounting system, adjustment devices, shoulder supports, tools and tool tray, mounted racquets, etc. (and anything else that makes a particular machine unique – even a shot of someone working at the machine, if desired).
For tabletop models, shots of your work surface (stand or cart, etc.) would be appropriate to show how you’ve set yourself up to use the machine
Specialty tools or accessories you’ve bought or made for yourself to use with your machineThe website will also have links to as many related manufacturer sites as possible to make it easy to navigate from this site to others where more info can be found, and links to where the machines can also be purchased. (Links to other relevant sites, like for stringing instructions, etc., will be included as well.)

We’re open to suggestions from anyone on how we can improve the site, things that should be added, etc.

Please contact Al Ruscelli (vruscelli@comcast.net) if you'd like to contribute some photos (as many or as few as you like). I think that in sharing your photos, you’ll be helping out others who are in need of better resources to help them make informed decisions when it’s time to buy a machine.

Rough Photo Submission Criteria:

Digital photos can be e-mailed to directly to Al Ruscelli (vruscelli@comcast.net) or placed on an Internet site like Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) or anywhere else you might be accustomed to placing photos. (Putting them somewhere on the Internet for me to go out and grab is easiest for me, but e-mail is fine depending on what’s easiest for you.) If you put them on the net, just give me a link and I'll go get them. If you use Photobucket, note that you can change the default size of the images to be larger by clicking on the "Uploading Options" button.

Relatively high resolution photos are best. Ideally, images should be no smaller than roughly 600x800 pixels (although we can accept smaller images if you are limited to providing smaller sizes). Larger images up to several megabytes in size may also be contributed, and those will allow more room for any needed cropping or zooming in for detail purposes. Large sets of photo files may also be zipped/compressed for quicker, easier e-mailing.

If you e-mail the images, make sure that you include your TW forum user ID (if you are a member) somewhere in the e-mail message so that we don't get confused as to who sent what. Contributed photos will be credited to the senders in whatever way they like (real name, TW forum user name, or no credit at all if that’s what’s desired). All contributed photos will remain as the property of the contributor (whoever “created” the original image). We will use them on the site merely as images donated to help the project grow as a useful Internet resource.

Text Details

Provide any details you want included about your machine, including commentary (which I’m also glad to post for you to go with your photos). Try and be as specific as you can in telling me the make/model of the machine so I don’t have to guess too much. You may list the “parts” of the machine, if you wish, that are shown in the photos.

Thanks! We’re looking forward to hearing from as many of you as possible.

Al Ruscelli
vruscelli@comcast.net
Stringing Machine Photo Library Project (http://www.photostringer.com/)

jonolau
11-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Al, this is an excellent effort and highly impressive. You can use the picture of my Gamma Progression ST-II in your website.

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Al, this is an excellent effort and highly impressive. You can use the picture of my Gamma Progression ST-II in your website.

Great, Jon, and thanks. I'll put that one out there. But I was sort of hoping you'd chime in and say you have a few you could send me. You don't happen to have that one photo in a larger size do you? If so, I could pull a few tighter images out of it and get something like three or four for the price of one... :) (Unless, of course, you have a couple of more photos you want to include. If not, I'm happy to have the one to add in.)

Good to hear from you on this! :)

Redflea
11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
The site is looking really great...but now I'm embarrassed at the quality of my photos of the Alpha Pioneer DC. I'm going to have to take some new ones... :)

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 09:33 PM
The site is looking really great...but now I'm embarrassed at the quality of my photos of the Alpha Pioneer DC. I'm going to have to take some new ones... :)

Now I'm going to put more pressure on you by making one of your own photos the "lead-in" photo to your photo set (rather than the stock image). But it's more realistic that way as opposed to leading in to a personal set of images with a manufacturer stock image. Actually, I think the images are a lot more self-explanatory that way. But I could use feedback on that, too.

I actually just made that change, so you might want to go in and approve or disapprove the choice I made on the Pioneer DC Plus, Redflea. I tried to pick a good one, though.

Jon...your photo is out there on the Gamma page if you want to have a look. Hoo-rah!

We're moving right along... :)

PS to Redflea: No hiring anyone from Glamour Shots to come in and photograph your machine. If I see any signs of eyeliner or rouge on it, I'm disqualifying you. :p

Redflea
11-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh, ick! Did I really take that!? The gauntlet is thrown down...I shall return w/images that will dazzle the mind and cause the heart to swoon.

And no eyeliner, I swear.

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, ick! Did I really take that!? The gauntlet is thrown down...I shall return w/images that will dazzle the mind and cause the heart to swoon.

And no eyeliner, I swear.

I could use the vertical shot of it on the stand. That might actually be the better shot, except that I was trying to conserve vertical space -- the vertical thumbnails are actually larger than the horizontals. Probably makes no difference in the long run, though, as the pages fill out more. Argh, I might have to start rethinking my strictly vertical layout and do something more "condensed" on the pages, where you see more at a glance without scrolling down. But the vertical is less cluttered, so I'm not sure which way I'll need to go in the long run in terms of page layouts that I apply globally.

Redflea
11-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I could use the vertical shot of it on the stand. That might actually be the better shot, except that I was trying to conserve vertical space -- the vertical thumbnails are actually larger than the horizontals. Probably makes no difference in the long run, though, as the pages fill out more. Argh, I might have to start rethinking my strictly vertical layout and do something more "condensed" on the pages, where you see more at a glance without scrolling down. But the vertical is less cluttered, so I'm not sure which way I'll need to go in the long run in terms of page layouts that I apply globally.

I think a grid pattern for the thumbnails might be more usable...less scrolling to find/see the smaller images, and can quickly compare and decide which one you want to view...

An option to consider in your spare time: :)

1. Grid view of "thumbnails" on which you can select individual images to view
2. Added "view all" option that takes you to a page where you can scroll/page up/down through all the images on one page.

The target page in both 1 and 2 above can be the same page, with a "Return" link next to each image (also clicking on any of the images) to return you to the grid view. That way the "customer" can choose to view images indvidually, or scroll up/down through them if they prefer...

jonolau
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Great, Jon, and thanks. I'll put that one out there. But I was sort of hoping you'd chime in and say you have a few you could send me. You don't happen to have that one photo in a larger size do you? If so, I could pull a few tighter images out of it and get something like three or four for the price of one... :) (Unless, of course, you have a couple of more photos you want to include. If not, I'm happy to have the one to add in.)

Good to hear from you on this! :)

Glad to contribute to your fantastic site. Let me take some high res shots later and I will email you the link.

josephhkim
11-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I just sent some pics.

Hopefully, this gallery will become pretty large.

Good luck!

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I think a grid pattern for the thumbnails might be more usable...less scrolling to find/see the smaller images, and can quickly compare and decide which one you want to view...

An option to consider in your spare time: :)

1. Grid view of "thumbnails" on which you can select individual images to view
2. Added "view all" option that takes you to a page where you can scroll/page up/down through all the images on one page.

The target page in both 1 and 2 above can be the same page, with a "Return" link next to each image (also clicking on any of the images) to return you to the grid view. That way the "customer" can choose to view images indvidually, or scroll up/down through them if they prefer...

Now you're making my brain hurt and I must lie down with a cold compress on my forehead. :p

But it's true, I might have to rethink some of this layout stuff before it gets too far along, especially if we end up getting lots of contributions and the pages grow significantly. That's what I WANT to happen, but working through this stuff so quickly over the last three days or so, I'm taxing my ability to look ahead by virtue of having to "model" the thing on the fly. But I do want to keep the pages as user friendly as I can, as long as I can do it without making long-term task more labor intensive than I can keep up with. I've had the luxury the last few days of having some time to play...but don't know if that will last for long. My schedule tends to vary radically with my kind of work (often feast or famine rather than consistent days, if you know what I mean).

But yeah, keep those ideas coming my way. I'm somewhat limited in my web designer skills set (and I use Microsoft FrontPage, which probably limits me even further), but if I can handle the design aspects without my brain overloading, I'll keep trying to improve it as we go. ;)

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Glad to contribute to your fantastic site. Let me take some high res shots later and I will email you the link.

Great! I was hoping you'd say that. :)

varuscelli
11-14-2006, 10:58 PM
I just sent some pics.

Hopefully, this gallery will become pretty large.

Good luck!

Excellent...I appreciate it! :)

jonolau
11-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Nice to see that your return to this wonderful game has taken on full vengeance and seems almost insatiable!!!

The enthusiasm that you have is extremely infectious and in my personal observation, you and redflea have injected new life into the strings/stringing/stringing machine section of Talk Tennis.

At the same time, we still have many of the other experienced contributors such as Blabit, diredesire, Steve Huff etc. who are still actively participating. Sorry if I've not mentioned other names, but you know who you are and it's nice to see the contributions flowing.

Steve Huff
11-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Varuscelli, if you'd send me some directions in posting pictures, I'd love to.

stmt@comcast.net

varuscelli
11-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Nice to see that your return to this wonderful game has taken on full vengeance and seems almost insatiable!!!

Ha! You've got me pegged, Jon. Here I was thinking I was flying under the radar or something. ;)

Varuscelli, if you'd send me some directions in posting pictures, I'd love to.

stmt@comcast.net

Hi, Steve, and thanks! It's great to have a few of you real experts take notice of this. But I hope that's exactly the kind of thing that makes the little project stay afloat rather than sink.

I'll be glad to help get photos out there any way I can. So much of it depends on what each person is comfortable doing in terms of digital photos and working with them.

I did put some brief instructions toward the end of the original post. I can basically either have them e-mailed to me or posted to a website of the photo originator's choice where I can go get them. Unfortunately, I don't really have a place set up for people to post to themselves (unless they're already comfortable with Photobucket or something). But e-mailing directly to me might be the easiest option for many people.

In either case, I have to do the final preparation and posting to the end site myself since I don't have that part automated or anything. If e-mailed, I prefer high-quality (high resolution) files, if possible. Whatever your e-mail service provider's bandwidth allowances will bear. I've received some files 5 or 6 MB in size and those are great to work with. But anything is fine as long as they're not too, too small. Let me know if you want to talk about it person-to-person or anything, if that would help. (Again, it's hard to know what each person is comfortable with, but I'll assist in any way I can.)

Al Ruscelli
al@ruscelli.com
vruscelli@houston.rr.com
Tennis Racquet Stringing Machine Photo Library (http://www.photostringer.com)

diredesire
11-21-2006, 12:10 AM
We should get more guidelines up! Such as:

Picture of:
Turn table
-Clamp rails (if applicable)
-Underneath shot (if applicable, to see how sturdy)
-method of fixing mounting posts

clamps
-adjustment method (thumb wheel, etc)
-teeth, diamond dusted, etc
-base (fixing style)
mounting system
-6 point inside outside, how the posts mount to the table
tensioner
-linear gripper, diablo, etc
stand (if applicable)
- How the machine fixes to the table

BTW, you got an e-mail.

equinox
11-21-2006, 05:49 AM
What licence are you planing on using? CC creative commons?

http://creativecommons.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

varuscelli
11-21-2006, 06:09 AM
We should get more guidelines up! Such as:

Picture of:
Turn table
-Clamp rails (if applicable)
-Underneath shot (if applicable, to see how sturdy)
-method of fixing mounting posts

clamps
-adjustment method (thumb wheel, etc)
-teeth, diamond dusted, etc
-base (fixing style)
mounting system
-6 point inside outside, how the posts mount to the table
tensioner
-linear gripper, diablo, etc
stand (if applicable)
- How the machine fixes to the table

BTW, you got an e-mail.

Good suggestions, and I'm going to go back and edit down my original post to the essentials, including suggestions for what to shoot, how to shoot, in case there are those who would like some suggestions.

Some time shortly after that, we might go ahead and lock this thread and I'll create an ongoing thread for additional comments.

Al

varuscelli
11-21-2006, 06:26 AM
What licence are you planing on using? CC creative commons?

http://creativecommons.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

I knew that the tough questions were bound to arise sooner or later. ;)

And they need to be addressed.

My biggest mental problem is how to tackle peripherally related issues with this kind of project, like copyright, etc. Most of my work in the past has been with my self-created material. As a photographer, it's easy to address when you're the one creating the images. You are protected by basic copyright laws (at least, in your own country) and it's pretty straightforward to mark your creations, etc.

But this effort...I've never tackled a project like this before. So many contributors and a LOT of borrowed material that I would not normally borrow. There's a lot of gray area in there, even with the manufacturer photos. Those materials are generally (as far as I can see) not marked as copyrighted and seem to be used/distributed very loosely all over the Internet (even though they probably are copyright protected from a technical standpoint). But I really believe that the manufacturers benefit from the extra exposure to an extent that they would not object to the use of their images. Essentially, it's free advertising. And if the images of their machines are not out there among their competitor's machines, the advertising goes to the competitors. (This site is already getting lots of hits and that will increase significantly as the search engines begin to index it.)

But on to other areas of concern, we're putting out a united effort in terms of contributing to a project that has a LOT of contributors. I'm certainly not going to claim any copyright to other contributor's images on my own behalf, other than for my own created images and the general site copyright. The images submitted to me are still owned by their creators. (You take a photo, send it to me for use here, and it's still YOUR photo -- not mine, at least in terms of ownership. It's just being used on the site for informational/educational purposes.)

Admittedly, I'm in unfamiliar waters here. The idea of the Creative Commons is interesting, and I need to study it more thoroughly.

And I'm open to suggestions on how to handle this. I'm not even sure what range issues might arise (I know what some of them are), but I'm open to suggestions or help in how to best prepare for issues that might come up.

Suggestions?

xtremerunnerars
12-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Varuscelli, do you have photoshop? If so, you may wish to check out their batch photo gallery feature. It will make the gallery and give you a finished .html file if that's what you wish. Most of the process is completely customizable. Judging from your photomanips it looks like you can clone stamp and such which makes me believe you are using ps.

File>Automate>Web Photo Gallery

federer_nadal
02-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Is it just me or isnt the site working? I have been trying for the last 10 minutes and i keep getting the website not found page?

dcottrill
02-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Nope...it's not just you. I wasn't able to get on all day yesterday.

rich s
02-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Is it just me or isnt the site working? I have been trying for the last 10 minutes and i keep getting the website not found page?

I just got an e-mail from Al this morning about his site......he is in the process of changing servers and has run into a couple of glitches.....he says he expects it to be back up by Monday (2/5)

rich

varuscelli
02-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I just got an e-mail from Al this morning about his site......he is in the process of changing servers and has run into a couple of glitches.....he says he expects it to be back up by Monday (2/5)

rich

Yeah, sorry guys. I am in the middle of switching from a shared hosting plan to a dedicated server for several websites for which I have primary maintenance responsibility. By switching the Stringing Machine Photo Library to that dedicated server along with those other sites, theoretically we won't have any prohibitive limits for bandwidth or hosting space. Thus, if I want to add some things like stringing videos or the like, I should (hopefully) be able to do so.

The downside is that moving from a shared hosting plan to a dedicated server is a bit more complex in terms of my setup responsibilities, etc. So it's going a bit slowly and there are some server problems that the hosting company has not resolved. I'm trying to get around that by doing an FTP upload of the site tonight (Saturday, Feb. 3). With a bit of luck, the site will be up shortly... But we shall see. ;)

Voltron
03-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Al, do you need any photos of an Alpha Revo 4000? I can get some in a few days if you'd like.

chlsmo
04-01-2007, 02:25 AM
site seems down again.

ericsson
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
site seems down again.

yes for some days now, anyone know when it will be fixed?

ericsson
04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
the site is working again ;-)

gocard
04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi Varuscelli, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your site! And to everyone who has posted pictures of their beloved machines, thank you! I can see how much you value your machine with all the nice pictures taken.

I was wondering if anyone who owns the Gamma X-6FC would be kind enough to post some pictures of it, either in the Stringing Machines section or on Varuscelli's website? So far I've only seen one angle of the X-6FC, the same one shown on every retailer's website so I can't tell how wide it actually is. It'd be great to see the up close details and different angles of the stringer.

Thank you so much! :D

zapvor
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
i just want to say i am starting my research on string machines since i am going to get one, and your site is already a huge help with info,links,etc. keep up the good work. the site is amazing, and i have only been browsing for about 30 minutes so far!

abdjeter2
05-04-2007, 07:26 PM
is it more cost effective to buy a stringer for home or to just pay to get it strung every time?

diredesire
05-05-2007, 11:16 AM
is it more cost effective to buy a stringer for home or to just pay to get it strung every time?

depends on how disciplined you are. You save the labor fee (at least $15 in some areas) every time you restring. The down side is you might start trying more expensive strings more often, with the mindset that you've saved a lot of money ;)

PBODY99
07-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I have noticed that some of the older machine that may come up on the used market are not in the collection.
As an owner of a Gamma 4000 { 1987} & an early 1990's Gamma 6000 I am remiss for not adding to the information base.
I hope this will help collectors and bargain hunters.
Thanks AL.

Richie Rich
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
depends on how disciplined you are. You save the labor fee (at least $15 in some areas) every time you restring. The down side is you might start trying more expensive strings more often, with the mindset that you've saved a lot of money ;)

i agree. but machines do give you that luxury since no matter what string you pick you still save a ton of cash by stringing yourself.

FWIW, luxilon big banger alu in my area is $45 plus tax. even if i buy string and pay $15 for labor it's $30. buy a stringer and it's $15. 20 string jobs and you've just paid for your machine.

tennispro93
09-03-2007, 09:05 AM
2 thumbs up amazing im also gonna take new pictures

User Name
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
sites really coming along now, looks great, ill send you some pictures of my machine soon

T-fighter
04-05-2008, 05:07 AM
the emailadress doesn't seem to work? I was trying to add some pictures of my stringing machine.

Mansewerz
06-06-2008, 06:10 PM
i agree. but machines do give you that luxury since no matter what string you pick you still save a ton of cash by stringing yourself.

FWIW, luxilon big banger alu in my area is $45 plus tax. even if i buy string and pay $15 for labor it's $30. buy a stringer and it's $15. 20 string jobs and you've just paid for your machine.

Pretty much.

Hm, this is a nice project. I'll try and send some pics of my SP swing this weekend.

iplaybetter
06-20-2008, 11:21 AM
have any pics been added within the last year?

diredesire
06-22-2008, 09:48 AM
have any pics been added within the last year?

Nah, I think Al has been really busy, I e-mailed him a long while ago, and he said the project has taken the back seat to the rest of his life ;P

iplaybetter
06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
i belive it, its still a nice resource

AznRamenDude
09-11-2008, 09:43 PM
is it me, or is the link not working? :shock: man, i really need this site working. was using it for reference.

YULitle
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh no! It's not working!

diredesire
09-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Use archive.org.
Should be able to get you most of what you want.

Deck
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Tried archive.org and it has no pics, oh well.

b0oMeR
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
any idea when its coming back up?

varuscelli
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi, guys.

I'm popping in after a long, long absence to let you all know the status of the photostringer.com website. It ought to be up and running again as of this evening (www.photostringer.com (http://www.photostringer.com)).

I have been long remiss in updating the site with the regularity that I originally intended, but my work and family life have been such in 2007-2008 that I've not have much time for anything but earning a living...so, sadly, the site had to take a back seat to other things for quite a stretch of time.

That aside, we got directly run over by Hurricane Ike weekend before last, which in itself presented us more than a few difficulties to deal with. The hurricane was bad enough by itself, but ironically the web server that houses the photostringer.com site was the victim of what looks like a malicious hacker attack that was in the process of taking place just a day or so before we had to evacuate our home and head for the hills of central Texas for a few days because of the hurricane. While we were gone, the server was pretty much destroyed by viruses and a slew of other malicious goodies that were placed there to do their evil deeds. We've been working feverishly over the last week or so to get our lives back in order AND to reestablish all of our websites, including photostringer.com (with no e-mail available, either, for the same reason as the sites being down).

I also have to apologize to all the folks who have kindly sent in photos to us to place on the site over the last year and a half, most of which have had to be placed on hold more or less indefinitely while I attended to other necessary duties in my life. I have, however, held onto everything that has been sent to me with the intent of getting it all out there at some point. But, my priority with all the stringing machine photos over the last few days was to get the photostringer site back up and "on the air," so to speak -- and I think I've done that as of tonight. I'm sure there will be a few glitches to work out, but hopefully most all of it is viewable again.

Thanks to the couple of you who called while I had r-u-n-n-o-f-t from the hurricane, checking on my well being and the status of the site. I guess it caused a bit of concern when the site suddenly and mysteriously disappeared...especially without any word from me in so long (I think some folks were wondering if I was still around or abroad or in prison or whatever...).

So, anyway...hello, everybody. 8)

Hope all has been well around here. ;)

Al

zidane339
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Nice hearing from you Al and I"m glad you came through the hurricane ok. I'm excited that the site is back up, I enjoy it very much!

mellofelow
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Welcome back Al. Hope you get your daily life back in order soon. Just shout if you need help with anything.

YULitle
09-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Yey! Glad you made it through Ike. Really glad the sites still around. :D

ryangoring
09-25-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm a future stringer, so you may not know me but WELCOME back Al!

ls206
09-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I have some pictures of a pro's pro challenger if you'd like them?

varuscelli
09-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey, thanks for all the "welcome back" messages... :)

And I would love pics of machines not shown on the site or alternate views of machines already shown. I'll have to put them in reserve for the time being, but that way I'd at least have them when I am able to start site updates again.

Any photos anyone would like to send me for potential use on the site would be great. Higher resolution is better than lower resolution, but I have no absolute guidelines since I've received so many different sizes and quality in the past. But higher resolution (within reason for e-mail purposes) is better for me to work with. Tiny e-mail files leave me with a lot less options.

You can likely send to me via the photostringer site or one of these e-mails:

vruscelli@comcast.net

or

al@ruscelli.com

Thanks!

Al

iplaybetter
09-27-2008, 05:38 AM
you can pluck my prince 3k ones out of my thread, or i can send them to you if that's easier

YULitle
09-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Hey, thanks for all the "welcome back" messages... :)

You can likely send to me via the photostringer site or one of these e-mails:

vruscelli@comcast.net

or

al@ruscelli.com

Thanks!

Al

Do you have the TF7000 pics that I sent you still? It was quite a while ago.

varuscelli
09-27-2008, 07:39 AM
you can pluck my prince 3k ones out of my thread, or i can send them to you if that's easier

Yes, I'd love to include those. :)

I can pluck them from the thread, but truthfully it's better if they can easily be sent to me via e-mail (and I can take high-res files via e-mail). That not only saves me a bit of time but helps to ensure that I get the right photos from the right person and leaves me a better traceable trail of what I got from whom.

Truthfully, even with the incomplete state the site in it's state now, it took me literally hundreds of hours of work to get it to that point, so anything that can save me a bit of time here or there is helpful (especially now, since my "free" time is so much more at a premium). If photos are sent directly to me via e-mail, it gives me a record of who sent what, an easy way to contact the sender, and allows me to file away the images in a way that I can easily associate with the sender. Plucking them from a site is fairly easy, but also leaves me informational gaps sometimes.

So, if it's not a problem from your end, I'd love to have them e-mailed to me...or at least an e-mail from you that provides me a link to the photos, which is another good alternative since it also allows me to keep your contact info in my messages.

Sound workable?

varuscelli
09-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Do you have the TF7000 pics that I sent you still? It was quite a while ago.

Well....as long as I received them, I should still have them. Can you give me a reminder of whether you e-mailed those directly or sent me a link or sent a disk?

I have a lot of stuff in my "need to be worked" files that I'd need to look at to see if I indeed got them. I probably DO have them. But if for any reason I DON'T have them...I'd want to discuss it further. ;)

We did go through a couple of time frames when people sent me stuff that I didn't actually receive, and they received no "bounce" messages from me. And I also had a bad e-mail link for a long time on the site (the bad e-mail being vruscelli@houston.rr.com). We got really screwed by the Houston area Time Warner/RoadRunner e-mail folks when Comcast took over here. Out of spite (I sincerely believe) the RoadRunner folks cut off service client service prematurely, leaving us very little time to transition our e-mails -- and for a time e-mail was going to our RoadRunner accounts, but not forwarding to the end recipient and NOT bouncing to the sender. I know I lost a LOT of messages during that time frame.

In any case, if you can let me know how you sent those, I'll look into my files (and name under which they came to me, since I can't always tie TW usernames back to the e-mail names people send to me under).

YULitle
09-27-2008, 06:41 PM
^^^ I emailed them to you directly.

varuscelli
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow, I have looked through everything I have for Tecnifibre and I'm not seeing anything for TF7000 -- which is pretty odd, if I actually received it. I typically don't delete any of the e-mail I receive for stringing machines and I usually have the files in both my e-mail and in the directory where I keep all photos sent to me. For whatever reason, there's nothing on a TF7000 in either place. :confused:

If I acknowledged the receipt, that makes it even stranger. If I didn't send you an acknowledgment, then it's possible that the message was either identified as spam (a possibility) or that it got lost in the vruscelli@houston.rr.com e-mail nightmare we went through late in 2007 and continuing for a bit into 2008 (as referenced above).

Would you want to send them again? I'd be happy to accept them, if so.

YULitle
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Would you want to send them again? I'd be happy to accept them, if so.

If I can find them, sure. :D

varuscelli
09-27-2008, 09:18 PM
If I can find them, sure. :D

And if you can't find them, I'll expect to hear a little Twilight Zone music playing in the background... :?

:wink:

iplaybetter
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes, I'd love to include those. :)

I can pluck them from the thread, but truthfully it's better if they can easily be sent to me via e-mail (and I can take high-res files via e-mail). That not only saves me a bit of time but helps to ensure that I get the right photos from the right person and leaves me a better traceable trail of what I got from whom.

Truthfully, even with the incomplete state the site in it's state now, it took me literally hundreds of hours of work to get it to that point, so anything that can save me a bit of time here or there is helpful (especially now, since my "free" time is so much more at a premium). If photos are sent directly to me via e-mail, it gives me a record of who sent what, an easy way to contact the sender, and allows me to file away the images in a way that I can easily associate with the sender. Plucking them from a site is fairly easy, but also leaves me informational gaps sometimes.

So, if it's not a problem from your end, I'd love to have them e-mailed to me...or at least an e-mail from you that provides me a link to the photos, which is another good alternative since it also allows me to keep your contact info in my messages.

Sound workable?

no problem at all, i might even just have "lost" the files, and need to take new ones ;)

varuscelli
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
no problem at all, i might even just have "lost" the files, and need to take new ones ;)

Hey, by the way...I have some very dark Alpha Revo photos you sent me a long time ago, too. Looks like you upgraded your stringing machine significantly. :mrgreen:

And if need be, if you don't have the other photos still available, I can always get them from your thread later. I won't complain if you do new photos, though. :)

martin8768
09-29-2008, 07:13 AM
hey i just got a new 2008 Silent partner Crump want some photos?

iplaybetter
09-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey, by the way...I have some very dark Alpha Revo photos you sent me a long time ago, too. Looks like you upgraded your stringing machine significantly. :mrgreen:

And if need be, if you don't have the other photos still available, I can always get them from your thread later. I won't complain if you do new photos, though. :)

indeed, a much loved upgrade at that

ill pluck the links, and take new ones on a nice sunny days

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
hey i just got a new 2008 Silent partner Crump want some photos?

Absolutely!

indeed, a much loved upgrade at that

ill pluck the links, and take new ones on a nice sunny days

Great!

Thanks, both of you. http://www.ruscelli.com/images/Emoticons_Gifs/happy14.gif

martin8768
09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Absolutely!

Great!

Thanks, both of you. http://www.ruscelli.com/images/Emoticons_Gifs/happy14.gif

whats the easiest way for you?

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
whats the easiest way for you?

The easiest thing for me is usually e-mail (see e-mail address in my signature). Files can be zipped if you have a bunch of them to send and if you prefer that method. Or, you can just attached several per e-mail and send however many you want. As long as you're not sending a bunch of really gigantic files several MB each, e-mail usually works just fine.

My only real preference is that I prefer that they not be tiny files suitable to only e-mail (as those don't make the best files for display on the site). Bigger is better (within reason). I like it when files run upward of the 1MB range (but can I can also accept files of several megabytes or ones smaller than 1MB). If files start running below 100kb in size, then they are usually too small (not that they can't be used that small, but the usefulness is limited).

martin8768
09-29-2008, 11:04 AM
right now the total size is just under 70 mb, so i will devided it into packs of 10mb (my limit of my email) i have not resized the images at all, i didnt even open them in GIMP. straight for my point and shot camera 5 megapix, nothing fancy. unfortunately i lost my tripod and their not the greatest pictures. if i can get my friend to lend me his D40 and tripod i would be able to get some nicer images but this will do for now.....

AHHH its taking days to upload to my email, i will put them on flickr and give you the link to the album

martin8768
09-29-2008, 11:55 AM
The easiest thing for me is usually e-mail (see e-mail address in my signature). Files can be zipped if you have a bunch of them to send and if you prefer that method. Or, you can just attached several per e-mail and send however many you want. As long as you're not sending a bunch of really gigantic files several MB each, e-mail usually works just fine.

My only real preference is that I prefer that they not be tiny files suitable to only e-mail (as those don't make the best files for display on the site). Bigger is better (within reason). I like it when files run upward of the 1MB range (but can I can also accept files of several megabytes or ones smaller than 1MB). If files start running below 100kb in size, then they are usually too small (not that they can't be used that small, but the usefulness is limited).

my photostream at flickr is HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin8768/sets/72157607577123360/)
If you want a even bigger image (5 mega pixel) then let me know and I can figure out how to upload the 70mb ZIP to megashare or rapideshare.

LttlElvis
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi varuscelli,

How did you do after the hurricane? Any damages?

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
my photostream at flickr is HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin8768/sets/72157607577123360/)
If you want a even bigger image (5 mega pixel) then let me know and I can figure out how to upload the 70mb ZIP to megashare or rapideshare.

Hey, I think that works just fine. No need for larger photos that those. I'll download those and I ought to be good to go with that batch. So...thanks a bunch! :)

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi varuscelli,

How did you do after the hurricane? Any damages?

Hey, we did well. Hope you did the same. Here, I'm about one mile from Clear Lake and just a couple of miles further from Galveston Bay. It was a bit touchy as to what we were going to actually get here (storm surge was the scary part here). But we were lucky and had only minor damage...very little, in fact.

Good to hear from you, LttlElvis... :)

mellofelow
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
hi Al, do you need some pictures of Gamma progression st ii? Here's the link to my picture thread.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=223866

Mansewerz
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
hey martin, I would love a review of the silent partner crump. do you think you could post one for TTW if you got some free time?

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
hi Al, do you need some pictures of Gamma progression st ii? Here's the link to my picture thread.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=223866

I believe that's one we need. Great photos, too (the way they should ideally be done in a best case scenario, with a pleasing but undistracting background, clear shots of the components, etc.). I love the kinds of shots you did. Your choice of background was fantastic.

If I could offer one criticism -- one of the few things I don't see yet is a shot of the fully assembled machine...but I know the thread is relatively fresh, so maybe you're still working on a couple of photos. :wink:

mellofelow
09-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I believe that's one we need. Great photos, too (the way they should ideally be done in a best case scenario, with a pleasing but distracting background, clear shots of the components, etc.). I love the kinds of shots you did. Your choice of background was fantastic.

If I could offer one criticism -- one of the few things I don't see yet is a shot of the fully assembled machine...but I know the thread is relatively fresh, so maybe you're still working on a couple of photos. :wink:

Why thank you! It was late into sun down and my wife called me in for dinner before I put everything together. I'll probably string a racquet this weekend and take a couple more pictures.

varuscelli
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Why thank you! It was late into sun down and my wife called me in for dinner before I put everything together. I'll probably string a racquet this weekend and take a couple more pictures.

Oops, to correct my one comment, I meant to say "pleasing but undistracting background" and it came out as "pleasing but distracting background," which is not what I mean to say about your shots (which again, are great). I corrected my mistake in my first post, but can't correct it in your quote of me . . .

So if anyone thinks I'm accusing mellofelow of using distracting backgrounds...you're wrong. :razz:

In fact, I'm thinking of having him come over and build a deck for me... http://www.ruscelli.com/images/Emoticons_Gifs/rolleye11.gif

martin8768
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
hey martin, I would love a review of the silent partner crump. do you think you could post one for TTW if you got some free time?

yah im thinking about making a little mini review. keep your eyes open in the stringing forum

iplaybetter
10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
al, any estimate on when the sites gona get the new pics up?

drakulie
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
It's too bad this thread has died off.

Anyone speak to Al lately???

nyc
05-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Didn't his host server get flattened in one of the hurricanes last year?

I think the area where he lives got hit pretty hard, and he hasn't posted since, but I seem to remember a post that he was ok.

All hearsay, btw. Maybe someone with real knowledge can weigh in.

drakulie
05-06-2009, 05:21 AM
^^Thanks for the heads up. Hope others will chime in.

Maybe someone else could take over and update the site in the interim, until Al is ready to take over again????

Deck
05-06-2009, 06:10 AM
My Revo 4000 mounted on a Husky Cart.http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll135/electro1nut/_POR21400001.jpg

dcottrill
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
^^^ Sweet!

Lakers4Life
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
My Revo 4000 mounted on a Husky Cart.

That looks cool, I was thinking of using the lower part of a Craftsman toolchest, that way I had a couple of storage drawers for tools, string, and other stuff. I ended up buying a stand up instead.

diredesire
07-17-2009, 06:22 AM
That looks cool, I was thinking of using the lower part of a Craftsman toolchest, that way I had a couple of storage drawers for tools, string, and other stuff. I ended up buying a stand up instead.

Probably a wise idea ;)

Al is alive and well, just preoccupied with life. I added him as a facebook pal ;)

kashgotmoney
08-13-2009, 10:22 PM
there is no mutual power?

zomg_rofl
07-08-2010, 02:26 AM
here my flex 840
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3928/picture099ey.jpg
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6964/picture100z.jpg
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5513/picture125.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5093/picture102xh.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/868/picture103q.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9325/picture104vt.jpg