PDA

View Full Version : Recently switched to the sixone tour 90

EricW
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
I just got the "Wilson Ncode SixOne Tour 90" and I absolutely love it. I used to use the "Prince More Performance Precision OS" but I decided to try the sixone tour and I love it. 5 mins into hitting I started hitting more control and consistency than ever!

This is a great racquet and if you like heavy racquets, give this one a try! Make sure you try one with a decent string in it because a mistake alot of people make is thinking a good racquet is crap because the demo had a crappy string in it (or a tension they don't like)

headfan91
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
just curious, but what level are you?

power_play21
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
i'd be curious to know as well. from an oversize to a tour 90, seems like youre gonna be having some trouble serving, returning and at the net.

headfan91
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I find it hard to believe it took you 5 minutes to adjust.

TheSnowMan
11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe it's just the honeymoon period.

prostaff18
11-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe it's just the honeymoon period.

lol....that is true though, it is like every time you take a racquet out it feels like the best racquet ever. then in a week you are back to your old racquet only hitting the dream racquet against the wall in your garage and wishing that you could hit with it.:D

EricW
11-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm a 4.5 and I demo'd it for like 1-2 hours like 2 weeks ago and when I got it and played with it yesterday, it literally took me 5mins to adjust

Tour 90
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Stop trying to talk him out of it. If he is a 4.5 as he says, he will only like this racquet better as he improves. Didn't mean to sound harsh but if he likes it enough, let him be excited about it. Good for you Eric, it is a great racquet!

Duzza
11-15-2006, 05:14 PM
5 mins to adjust..I'll take that. It took me one shot to adjust from PS 85 to RDX 500 no joke.

Swissv2
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I am out of my "honeymoon" period with my nCode Tour 90s, and they are still great. I have tried other racquets, but I keep going back to this one.

I have found the racquet I like.

armand
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Hitting with and playing a match with are very different entities. Beware!

power_play21
11-15-2006, 05:28 PM
you know, i believe him.

when i was a junior, i used a prestige mid and when i switched to it, it literally took me 5 mins to adjust too, maybe even less, it just clicked.

I got it when i was a 4.5 and went all the way to 5.5 with it. As i improved, the racquet was always there and never did i want to switch, even though i tried out other racquets.

given i needed to make minor adjustments as time went on, like increasing the grip size a little bit, adding a little bit of lead, and stringing tighter, it served me for a good 3 or 4 years until i stopped playing competitively.

so if thisis what you like, i suggest you stick to it and as you improve i think this racqeut especially is always gonna hold up to your game.

good to see someone play with a racquet b/c they play good with it, and not because its this racquet or that racquet.

skuludo
11-16-2006, 08:31 AM
How are hitting improvise shots with the n6.1 tour 90?

When someone hits a hard deep approach shot can you shank the ball and pull a short cross court passing shot? Half volley with forehand.

I've unable to produce that type of shot with a the Prostaff 6.0 85. My Ti 70 is capable of hitting that shot though.

EricW
11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
How are hitting improvise shots with the n6.1 tour 90?

When someone hits a hard deep approach shot can you shank the ball and pull a short cross court passing shot? Half volley with forehand.

I've unable to produce that type of shot with a the Prostaff 6.0 85. My Ti 70 is capable of hitting that shot though.

I think it's a matter of getting used to the racquet, towards the end I started feeling better on shots that were more improvised like when you barely get to a ball hit wide to the deuce court and spin it crosscourt with the flick of the wrist, i framed em in the beginning and began to feel just as confortable with that shot as I am with my OS frame towards the end

thejackal
11-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I need to try out the Tour again. Demoed it for 2 days 2 years back (when i was more like a 3.5) and liked it.

Noveson
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Stop trying to talk him out of it. If he is a 4.5 as he says, he will only like this racquet better as he improves. Didn't mean to sound harsh but if he likes it enough, let him be excited about it. Good for you Eric, it is a great racquet!

A guy with the name of "TOur 90" just happens to come to the defense of the Op. Maybe he is trying to defend his racquet instead? :-o 5 minutes is definitely a believable switching time for me. Some switches you can get your groundies dialed in, in no time at all. Serve might take a little longer though. Are you self rated?

Tennis Man
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
It took me a week or so to go from APD to LMP and n6.1 Tour 90 and there no way back :)

Tour 90
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM
A guy with the name of "TOur 90" just happens to come to the defense of the Op. Maybe he is trying to defend his racquet instead? :-o 5 minutes is definitely a believable switching time for me. Some switches you can get your groundies dialed in, in no time at all. Serve might take a little longer though. Are you self rated?

I am not just defending my racquet, I could care less who uses it. If you noticed, about 5 other people (including you) thought it was believable as well. I'm not trying to sound defensive or harsh but I hate when people think I use my racquet because of Fed, to brag about a players racquet, to have the latest paintjob etc. because that is not true. I demoed lots of racquets and I have found my favorite which I plan to use for many many years. I own mf200's and ps6.0's as well and I would defend those racquets just as much.