PDA

View Full Version : Where were these Wilson racquets made?

World Class Forehand
11-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 6.0 Tour 95
Wlison Tour 90
Wilson nSix-One Tour 90

I ask this question because I know HEAD users make a big deal about how the Austrian made racquets play much better than the China made racquets.

So I was wondering what WILSON users think about where their racquets are made.

Also, I am interested in buying one HPS 6.0 and one Tour 90 if anyone is selling theirs.

Thanks.

BreakPoint
11-15-2006, 02:06 AM
ALL were/are made in China.

Just about ALL Wilson racquets have been made in China since around 1994.

BreakPoint
11-15-2006, 02:10 AM
I ask this question because I know HEAD users make a big deal about how the Austrian made racquets play much better than the China made racquets.

I wouldn't say "better" but just "different". It may just all be in their minds anyway. ;)

Don't forget that Federer with his China-made PS 6.0 85 beat Sampras with his beloved St. Vincent-made PS 6.0 85 in their only match ever. :D

World Class Forehand
11-15-2006, 11:51 AM
So when nSix-One Tour 90 users say that the model available in the USA is heavier than the version available in Asia are these racquets made in two different places/countries or are both made in China just with different specifications for their distinct markets?

BreakPoint
11-15-2006, 11:57 AM
So when nSix-One Tour 90 users say that the model available in the USA is heavier than the version available in Asia are these racquets made in two different places/countries or are both made in China just with different specifications for their distinct markets?
Correct. Both the US and the Asian versions are made in China in the same factory, likely on the same assembly line. I suspect that they just put the ones that come out lighter into one pile and the ones that come out heavier into another pile, and just sell the lighter ones as "Asian versions".

World Class Forehand
11-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me BreakPoint!