PDA

View Full Version : Using an Overwrap Instead of a Grip

kenshireen
11-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I am a racket that fits perfect wo a grip... when I add a grip it is a bit too large. Is there any downside to just using a tournagrip over the pallet?
Also, which side should be on the outside.. the shiny side or the dull side.

thanks, Ken

WhiteSox05CA
11-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Put the shiny side out. I came with a filament on it, place that side UP, where your hand would go. You may lose gain some shock feel without a grip, and only an overgrip, it will also probably be a firmer feel to the handle.
________
Laguna Beach Resort Jomtien Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Byakuya
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
You feel the edges of the handle a lot more, but you'll get calusses and/or blisters a lot faster~ You might wanna try two over grips and see if you can use that. Search on forum for those 0.4mm thick ones.

Amone
11-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Your hands'll hurt, and the grip will probably twist more in your hands. However, you get a great feeling of the bevels, and if you like a 'rough' sort of feeling, it's beautiful.

SteveI
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
I am a racket that fits perfect wo a grip... when I add a grip it is a bit too large. Is there any downside to just using a tournagrip over the pallet?
Also, which side should be on the outside.. the shiny side or the dull side.

thanks, Ken

BTW,

It should be noted that you will be moving the balance point of the frame and reducing the static weight.. not to mention changing the swingweight. You mave need to add weight to the handle to re-establish the factory specs.

Steve