PDA

View Full Version : The weight of my T90 & N90???

Ray Wong
08-12-2004, 12:52 AM
As I know the T90 is little bit heavier than N90, Why My T90(almost new, barely to play) and brand new N90(both of them bought from TW) are almost same weight about 367gm? the setting of them exactly the same, Babolat Twin Gut std. main and Luxilon Alu Power cross @ 57lb, with Wilson Pro overgrip(white), they strung on same day, by same stringer and same machine, anybody know why??? :roll:

brijoel
08-12-2004, 01:41 AM
did you check the balance? if so, how much of a difference, and are they playing different? are they the same grip sizes?

with that said(or asked i guess), you should be made aware that wilson does have a set tolerance of error. it is very possible you could have gotten an ncode that was a tad heavier....if you are for some reason upset about it, send it in to wilson.

Ray Wong
08-12-2004, 02:22 AM
They are same grip size and I haven't checked the balance yet, but I feel N90 is more HL. N90 is more forgiving and with bigger sweetpoint.

Regarding to the different weight, I know this is normal in mass production industry, but I think most of us expecting the N90 is lighter than T90(T90-360gm, N90-352gm). I just curious and want to share my experience, Not a complaining. :?

brijoel
08-12-2004, 02:27 AM
didnt mean to imply you were complaining....just wanted to put that stuff out there.....and yea it is interesting to me that this isnt an isolated case either. ive heard a few people comment as to there ncodes being heavier and im begining to wonder if this is one of those cases where the company screwed up and gave out incorrect specs.

ambro
08-12-2004, 09:35 AM
This is sort of related, but I have a friend with a N90, and his was about 4 pts head HEAVY! No lead added either. I don't think that that is within Wilson's set production tolerances. I thought that that was really strange.

phat
08-12-2004, 11:23 AM
i am not surprise that they screw up in their QC..... The racquet producers are more concern about making $ than their name now..... Wilson is not the only one!! Check out how easy the Head LM prestige cracks & its paintjob is not perfectly centred. Volkl Tour -10 paintjob is very easily skretched out from wear. And Wilson's inconsistency on there racquet specs (i will say +/- 3% in weight is reasonable) and promoted the n90 as a 9-point head light stick & delivered it as a 4-point head heavy stick is not acceptable!! Can some one give me a million bucks to start a really really good racquet company!!

brijoel
08-12-2004, 03:02 PM
This is sort of related, but I have a friend with a N90, and his was about 4 pts head HEAVY! No lead added either. I don't think that that is within Wilson's set production tolerances. I thought that that was really strange.

sorry, but i have a hard time buying this one.........that would be the ONLY case ive ever heard of a racquet being that off and ive helped a whooole lotta people with factory defective racquets.

dcheung
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Without any add-on my T90 weighs 361g strung 7 pts HL, while the new n90 weighs 355g and 9 pts HL.