PDA

View Full Version : little help please

Bach3387
03-08-2004, 03:24 PM
the other day i was playing in my first USTA level 2 boys 18's tournament and i got blown off the court. i played in boys 16's and never got beat badly. i noticed that these 18's were hitting much more heavy and had much more spin, especially on the forehand side. my question is how come these 18's hit heavier and how come the pros hit even heavier? i try hitting low to high but i just can't get the same amount of topspin. what should i work on and what should i do to get more topspin? and how do the pros hit with so much spin? thanks

TripleThreatPlayer
03-08-2004, 06:33 PM
What racquet are you using? A dense frame will cause your shots to become flatter. Maybe the 18's are stronger than the 16's? Be sure when you go from low to high, that you follow through on the stroke. I suggest talking to a pro, or hitting on a ball machine.

Mahboob Khan
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
All these age brackets, their training, and their playing are different. My advice would be to go with the flow. Compete against them on frequent basis and you will feel the competition and eventually your strokes will match up with theirs. Competing at higher level will also expose your weaknesses and you will have a chance to rectify them. "You learn by playing the game and correct through exercises and drills".

jeebeesus
03-08-2004, 09:15 PM
is your grip on at least semi western? i got kids aged 6 hitting with trememdous spin.