PDA

View Full Version : Pure drive roddick VS Aeropro drive

Hewittfan22
11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Which one of these do you prefer and whats the reason?

Rafa's best friend
11-15-2006, 09:27 PM
DEfinitely, Aeropro drive, cause it has pretty good swingweight and it is a good volleying racket as welll as from baseline. Pure Roddick i think added too much to the swingweigth, it is about 343, it will really feel heavy when you are tired.

Gut Reaction
11-16-2006, 04:51 AM
I mean no offense but its really a silly question. It all depends on your style of play! These are two VERY different racquets.

The basic difference between the PD and APD can be summed up in one word:

STABILITY

The PD's and APD's have the exact same head size and the exact same balance. The ONLY real difference is the materials that are used to make them.

The APD's is far more flexible than the PD's. Therefore the APD's have more spin but less control. The PD's also feel a bit more stable as they do not bend as much as the APD. Basically it all comes down to what style your game is.

I play with tons of slice and therefore I chose the APD plus; however if cannonball serves and strokes were more important then I certainly would have chosen the PD's.

This question is completely off base because its comparing completely different racquets. You might as well compare The Yonex 001 to the Gamma big Bubba.

Bottle Rocket
11-16-2006, 06:29 AM
I agree with Gut Reaction for the most part.

I think the Pure Drive Roddick has a much better feel to it, which is one of the huge differences to me. It is extremely crisp, with a very sweet sweet spot.

The Roddick is much better for volleys (aside from maneuverability) and serves. As far as its response on groundstrokes, that is much more subjective. If you can handle the added weight, which really is not that much, I think it is really a nice playing racket.

If you like to swing your life away and rely on racket-head speed for lots of heavy spin and things of that sort, go for the lighter AeroPro. I think they have a lack of feel.

The Pure Drive is one of the stiffest rackets out there, but the AeroPro is still a stiff racket.

One odd thing for me was the shape of the AeroPro. I have a one-handed backhand and on the ake back with my left hand, grabbing the throat of it is extremely awkward.

They are very different playing rackets, but they share the common characteristics of Babolats. They are both spin friendly and a lot of fun to play with.

Get yourself some demo's...

Hewittfan22
11-16-2006, 08:13 PM
i got aero standard today and leaded up and it feels amazing, i love the topspin and i could also flatten the ball out. I feel like i have a total control of the racquet, not like when i had pure drive roddick plus when it always felt so heavy on the swing. I put even more lead on this aero and can swing twice faster than pure drive roddick. I love this racquet

Well dude i know those are two different racquets but i was just curious which one people uses more, thats all.

Hewittfan22
11-16-2006, 08:13 PM
aero drive i meant

Ztalin
11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I played with an apd today and it was fantastic. Don't feel the need to lead it up, though. I'll probably buy an apd.

Gut Reaction
11-17-2006, 07:11 AM
i got aero standard today and leaded up and it feels amazing, i love the topspin and i could also flatten the ball out. I feel like i have a total control of the racquet, not like when i had pure drive roddick plus when it always felt so heavy on the swing. I put even more lead on this aero and can swing twice faster than pure drive roddick. I love this racquet

Well dude i know those are two different racquets but i was just curious which one people uses more, thats all.

Well if you like the APD then you may want to give the APD plus a try. It has even more spin and power...the question is can you handle it?

Hewittfan22
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
nah i will pass that, im done trying so many differnt racquets. I wanna stick to this racquet for awhile now, and i hate plus versions, i cant swing freely with longer racquets for some reason.

wksoh
12-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Havn't had the chance to try Roddick Pure Drive.

Tried an APD and was surprised that it met all my current needs and ended up buying 2.
I subscribe so much to the Aero technology that I bought an Aeropro Control as a Christmas present for myself.. ^^

dunlopfan
12-26-2006, 06:55 AM
I tried both racquets, but I really liked the PDR. The Aeropro Drive just didn't have the feel that I wanted in a racquet.

me is bored
12-26-2006, 06:58 AM
i kinda like the pure drive roddick but i really like the pure drive (new) standard which isnt listed =/ but i dont like the pluses at all....

rosenstar
12-26-2006, 10:06 AM
APD is way too light. I can't control it. I play with a PD roddick standard thats around 12+ ounces strung weight w/ lead leap.

The Beautiful Game
12-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I use both frames and love them both dearly. I like the APD more on serves, the PDR more on groundstrokes and volleys. The APD is more manuverable. With dampeners, both have a feel I find sweet--stiff and muted.

Sagittar
12-26-2006, 04:12 PM
aero pro drive is the one for me not because it's better in every aspect but because the PD is too heavy after 2 hours of play and the APD is somehow more spin friendly which i could use since i generate a lot of power and really don't need that extra swing weight in the PD ..

P.S : I agree with Bottle Rocket in his comment about the throat shape it's really weird and comfusing in backhands especially one handed of course ..

pmata814
12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I demoed them both and I bought the APD. (I actually got a second one for christmas today :-D ) I just felt the Rodick was too heavy and difficult to swing. It is especially hard to generate topsin on the serve, where as the APD seems to lend itself to that a lot more because it is lighter. I'm sure someone stronger and more advanced could get good results from the Roddick, just not for me.

edit: By the way...APD standard. The extra length on the plus makes my one handed backhand very inconsistent.

wksoh
01-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Havn't had the chance to try Roddick Pure Drive.

Tried an APD and was surprised that it met all my current needs and ended up buying 2.
I subscribe so much to the Aero technology that I bought an Aeropro Control as a Christmas present for myself.. ^^

Ouch!.. the Aeropro Control didn't work for me.. couldn't handle the weight.. too late all the time. Sold it in less than a week.

kanjii
01-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Tried AeroDrive, PD+, and PDR+. I hated the Aerodrive, started to feel a tennis elbow coming so fast, it reminded me of my old Kneissel White Star Lendl. Bought the PD+ and like it a lot, but after hitting with the PDR+, I feel a little more power and my serves were more consistant, but I was also tired too. Can tell whether it is also due to my grip. My PD+ are 4 1/4 with tournagrip...the PDR+ are 4 3/8 with tournagrip.

Voltron
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
APD is too light.

jace112
01-23-2007, 11:40 PM
APD is too light.
Tell that to A-Rod :)

NorseTennis
01-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I have both APD and Pure drive racquet and at first i liked the APD because it was quick and had a lot of spin...but when i put a new grip on my Pure Drive i noticed that i could put just as much spin on the ball, and know that i have the power when i need it.

NamRanger
01-27-2007, 06:09 PM
APD does not have enough stability to go toe to toe, so you have to play a different way to win, which is to grind it out with heavy topspin. If you are that kind of a player, the APD is a good fit for you. Extremely nice on the slice/kick serves, but pace is lacking.

The PDR has a good amount of spin, not as much as the APD, but more then most racquets. Very solid and crisp feel. Awesome if you are a flat server, however you can really juice it up on the kick serve also. Those with compact strokes will really like this racquet, as you can rip forehands/backhands with a relatively little amount of swinging. Great for returning serves also.

I personally think the PDR is a better racquet, but the APD is really good if you are either a heavy topspin oriented player or a defensive type player.