PDA

View Full Version : Vantage

Ronny
11-16-2006, 03:35 AM
For those of you who are in sponsored by Vantage, I don't mind any grade will do, how long did it take them to give you a reply for your entry? (Duzza etc I am asking you)

Duzza
11-16-2006, 03:43 AM
I got Grade 2, subsidized. Took about 20 days for a reply. I feel bad cause I haven't ordered anything yet and probably won't.

robkat
11-16-2006, 09:51 AM
It took one month for my reply. I emailed my application to Vanatge on Sept 25 and received the reply on Oct 25.

louis netman
11-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Paul was very responsive a few months ago when I needed grip pallets for my planned acquisition of some backup frames. I haven't heard from anyone since. Bob at racquetmaxx (Vantage distributor in US) said he can't sell me parts. I have since moved on and gone back to my old Volkls...

SFrazeur
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
I sent in my application on OCT 25, no reply yet.

300Gkid
11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
i sent mine on Oct. 29, no response yet

BreakPoint
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
It two months for my reply. I emailed my application to Vanatge on Sept 25 and recieved the reply on Oct 25.

Uh....Sept 25 to Oct 25 is ONE month, not two months.

BreakPoint
11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I have since moved on and gone back to my old Volkls...
Wow, that was quick, louis netman! I thought you had found your "Holy Grail" in the Vantage?

louis netman
11-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, that was quick, louis netman! I thought you had found your "Holy Grail" in the Vantage?

I still love the frame, however since my livelihood doesn't depend on my winning tennis, I can't justify dropping a mound of cash on some new, Vantage backup frames. There are a few, prospective frames (with incorrect grip sizes/shapes) for sale among members of this site. However, it seems the Vantage people have become too busy to deal with my petty, grip-pallet concerns...

BTW, that funky, semi-circular beam shape (similar to PK 5g) is really starting to bother me now...

hoosierbr
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I still love the frame, however since my livelihood doesn't depend on my winning tennis, I can't justify dropping a mound of cash on some new, Vantage backup frames. There are a few, prospective frames (with incorrect grip sizes/shapes) for sale among members of this site. However, it seems the Vantage people have become too busy to deal with my petty, grip-pallet concerns...

Can't really say much but I can tell you that there have been some big developments at Vantage lately, especially here in the US which is the main reason you probably can't get ahold of anybody. Things should be calming down soon but there is a very good reason why things have been as they are.

BreakPoint
11-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Can't really say much but I can tell you that there have been some big developments at Vantage lately, especially here in the US which is the main reason you probably can't get ahold of anybody. Things should be calming down soon but there is a very good reason why things have been as they are.

Please do tell. :D

SFrazeur
11-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Hoosierbr, If I may ask; what your connection is to Vantage to be able to know this information?

hoosierbr
11-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Hoosierbr, If I may ask; what your connection is to Vantage to be able to know this information?

I've known Paul for several years as I played with Slazenger before and we kept in touch. I was one of the first to get with Vantage. Also I'm buddies with the main US rep so I get all the inside scoop. I've had the same problems recently so I know what everyone is saying but I'm ok with it, for now, b/c I understand why.

I'm supposed to hear from the Vantage peeps any time about another matter so I'll ask if it's ok for me to enlighten you a little. I don't want to divulge something I'm not supposed to but my guess is it should be ok to spill a few beans.

robkat
11-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Uh....Sept 25 to Oct 25 is ONE month, not two months.

Opps your right !... felt like two months

300Gkid
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
yea, whats up, i sent paul an email regarding specs about a week ago and still no reply. Last time, it was like 2 days

<3Tennis
11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Do they email you not matter what? Or only if you get in....

Dunlopkid
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Are you allowed to "spill the beans" hoosierbr?

Byakuya
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe Wilson or Head trying to "merge" devour Vantage in the U.S. :grin:

Dunlopkid
11-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Are you just speculating, Byakuya? And I don't think that would be the kind of "big happenings" hoosierbr is referring to.;)

hoosierbr
11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Are you allowed to "spill the beans" hoosierbr?

Not publicly. Haven't gotten the ok yet. But those who are interested are welcome to email me and I can give you some details. I just ask that you not repeat it on these boards. Please, keep it to yourselves. I doubt I'd get in trouble but as I don't have an official ok yet I want to be careful.

300Gkid
11-21-2006, 01:49 PM
whats ur email hoosier, u can't PM anymore

hoosierbr
11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
deleted post.

nalbandian_fan
11-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I got Grade 2, subsidized. Took about 20 days for a reply. I feel bad cause I haven't ordered anything yet and probably won't.

haha me too.. im just better off finding good deals on stock racquets than getting vantages with that sponsorship deal.

Duzza
11-21-2006, 09:07 PM
haha me too.. im just better off finding good deals on stock racquets than getting vantages with that sponsorship deal.
Yeah it's a shame..

BLiND
11-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Well if you can play with any old discounted frame, then Vantage isn't for you... they give a custom frame so you need to know what works best for you.

As for some big thing happening,... oooh interesting!

Dunlopkid
11-22-2006, 04:18 AM
That's the frustrating thing with Vantage. Getting "Sponsored" with them is just like buying any other rackets. And there's no way to really tell if you'll like the frames.

BLiND
11-22-2006, 05:49 AM
I think they have a money back period or something?

tenis
11-22-2006, 02:16 PM
IMO, they simply have some problems or they are not that honest. More than month ago, they responded w.emails very next day, since than they're frozen and don't keep promises. Frustrating!

Duzza
11-22-2006, 03:09 PM
IMO, they simply have some problems or they are not that honest. More than month ago, they responded w.emails very next day, since than they're frozen and don't keep promises. Frustrating!

That's because Paul is on vacation, and some of the time they take a while!

hoosierbr
11-22-2006, 04:44 PM

Paul is overseas on Vantage business and will return to the UK next week. I just got an email from him and he assured me that things will get back on track very soon.

BLiND
11-22-2006, 09:45 PM
wonder if we can we have access to his outlook calender?

haha ;-)

Ronny
11-28-2006, 03:39 AM
i have sent my form in over a moth ago and still have not gotten my reply...man this is getting fustrating

AAAA
11-28-2006, 04:21 AM
Here is my guess

'Vantage Nike' frames in shops soon near you.

Borat
11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
how many level 3 sponsorships do they give out. What amout do they discount for all the sponsorships? What qualifications do you need for full sponsonship?

Mario
11-30-2006, 02:41 PM
could someone answer borat?

Dunlopkid
11-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know much about it, but it seems like most people on these forums have gotten the middle grade. Seems like the first grade means you are ranked really high. The middle grade gives you a discount such as might simply buy rackets from other companies. In other words, it's not that great of a deal.

300Gkid
11-30-2006, 04:19 PM
hoosier, any news on when paul is getting back on track w/ emails ect.?

hoosierbr
11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
hoosier, any news on when paul is getting back on track w/ emails ect.?

I believe he returned to the UK this week. Emails and other correspondence should get back to normal.

Depending on how long ago you sent an email, i.e. several weeks, I'd suggest resending it so they get to it.

300Gkid
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
yea i sent it a month ago, so i'll send it again

hoosierbr
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Paul is back in the UK and getting on top of all outstanding business.

McGee
12-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Anything new re: Vantage? I have not heard back from an email sent a few weeks ago. Company sold? New distribution strategy? Vacation? Inquiring minds want to know? :)

hoosierbr
12-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Anything new re: Vantage? I have not heard back from an email sent a few weeks ago. Company sold? New distribution strategy? Vacation? Inquiring minds want to know? :)

Things have gotten back on track for the most part. Suggest you resend your email.

ollinger
12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
"back on track....for the most part." What does that mean, exactly? As responses go, it's rather vague. Are you the posessor of actual information or is that wishful thinking?

ACK4wd
01-05-2007, 08:22 AM

So what is the news about Vantage, (now that over a month has passed)..?

or still just rumors?

Nadal46
01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Today Iknow that I'm 2 grade sponsorship but I'd like to demo a racquet, who can gives me Paul email address???

hoosierbr
01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
So what is the news about Vantage, (now that over a month has passed)..?

or still just rumors?

The news was that Vantage and RacquettMaxx had parted ways and Vantage was looking for a new US distributor. That's a big part of the reason why things got seriously held up in the US.

At the moment all orders are being taken care of from the UK and with Paul back from his overseas travels things have gotten back on track.

SFrazeur
01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
...Vantage was looking for a new US distributor...

Have they found one yet?

sureshs
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
From racquetmaxx.com:

RACQUETMAXX No Longer Affiliated with Vantage Racquets (12/11/06)
Effective immediately RACQUETMAXX is longer affiliated with Vantage Racquets. All inquiries regarding Vantage products or orders/returns should be directed to Vantage International in the United Kingdom.

300Gkid
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
NICE, vantage finally responded to my email after 3 months, i officially have a grade 2 sponsership

hoosierbr
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Have they found one yet?

I don't have any new information on that, sorry.

ACK4wd
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
12-27-2006, 04:12 PM #42 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1135655&postcount=42) hoosierbr (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=5894)

Quote: Originally Posted by McGee
Anything new re: Vantage? I have not heard back from an email sent a few weeks ago. Company sold? New distribution strategy? Vacation? Inquiring minds want to know? :smile:

Things have gotten back on track for the most part. Suggest you resend your email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - we knew about racquetmaxx and vantage splitting up on December 11th but two weeks later you were alluding to something more...

Good company - quality products but not as much sales as desired -- certainly there is something else in the works.

Have noticed that there is no longer free shipping.

The old discount codes that used to bring the price down substantially are now only good for a 5% discount.

Usually (but not always) when a company tightens up (financially & marketing) it can be interpreted as a sign that they are cleaning up the books and adjusting to requests from potential buy-out suitors.

I'm sure that as a private company they are still to small to go public.

Let's hope that they are not looking to be purchased and move manufacturing to china. But if they are purchased it's by Easton instead of Nike. Nike has a propensity to take over like they did to Bauer.

tenis
01-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I got my sponsorship proceed, received the set (bag, racquets, etc.) at Christmas time, no problem. Very happy!
Thanks Paul.

hoosierbr
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
12-27-2006, 04:12 PM #42 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1135655&postcount=42) hoosierbr (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=5894)

Quote: Originally Posted by McGee
Anything new re: Vantage? I have not heard back from an email sent a few weeks ago. Company sold? New distribution strategy? Vacation? Inquiring minds want to know? :smile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - we knew about racquetmaxx and vantage splitting up on December 11th but two weeks later you were alluding to something more...

Good company - quality products but not as much sales as desired -- certainly there is something else in the works.

Have noticed that there is no longer free shipping.

The old discount codes that used to bring the price down substantially are now only good for a 5% discount.

Usually (but not always) when a company tightens up (financially & marketing) it can be interpreted as a sign that they are cleaning up the books and adjusting to requests from potential buy-out suitors.

I'm sure that as a private company they are still to small to go public.

Let's hope that they are not looking to be purchased and move manufacturing to china. But if they are purchased it's by Easton instead of Nike. Nike has a propensity to take over like they did to Bauer.

I'm not aware that anything like that is happening. Depsite the US setback things are going well with Vantage and rather than downsizing the company is growing.

Nadal46
01-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Where can I find Paul address???I've a question for he about my grade2 sponsorship...

ACK4wd
01-06-2007, 05:36 AM
That's good news. Their racquets are among the ones I'd like my son to try. I'd love to see solid US marketing like TW on their behalf for US distribution.

Isn't their anniversary coming up soon?