PDA

View Full Version : Any recent users of the Avery M3?

adamvann
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
I haven't seen alot of feedback on the M3+ Control or Power. I've ordered a demo of the Control version. Would someone please share their experiences with this racquet? Thanks in advance.

jdeloach
11-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm curious about how the Avery plays as well.

jdeloach
11-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I recently tried one out and absolutely fell in love with the feel and control of the M3- Control. I am now sponsored by Avery Racquets, and plan on writing a detailed review after hitting for about a week.

Kirko
11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
I would think they would be very nice! they sure "read" well the weight is critical in playing good tennis. like Jack Kramer said "use the heaviest racket you can master".

pNoyr3D
11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Whoa jdeloach how did you get hold of all avery gear? You got sponsored or something?

Also avery racquets do look pretty promising.

Noveson
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I recently tried one out and absolutely fell in love with the feel and control of the M3- Control. I am now sponsored by Avery Racquets, and plan on writing a detailed review after hitting for about a week.

Answers your question?

pNoyr3D
11-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Crap my bad thanks alot.. Forgot to read was in a hurry..

Wow you got sponsored how long did it take them to reply back and give you your gear. Also, what are the requirements for a sponsorship?

Noveson
11-29-2006, 04:45 PM

Wow you got sponsored how long did it take them to reply back and give you your gear. Also, what are the requirements for a sponsorship?

No problem, just wanted to show you.

Malaki5
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I was very excited to try these rackets...even e-mailed about them about sponsorship (which they seemed very eager to talk about) before demoing. However, after demoing the M3 Power--- I thought it was horrible. Combination of the weighting and how it felt when i hit the ball. That was my experience. Hopefully you will like it though.

AndrewD
11-30-2006, 05:32 AM
We had an American bloke with the M3 Control come down to the tennis programme I assist in and he was kind enough to let me have a couple of lengthy hits with it (first time strung at 55lbs with PSG, second time with Gosen JC at 50lbs - I prefered the 50 but 53 would be a nice compromise).

Certainly a 'no frills' kind of racquet, hefty but with a comfortable swing weight and a good amount of flex. Power is there if your technique is good and control is excellent. Due to the relatively simple, low-power nature of the design, you can drop tension quite low and still retain very good control (one way I judge all 'players' racquets). That can give you a boost if you find it lacking in 'pop' but shouldn't force you to alter your swing length. Does everything as well as you're capable of doing.

I currently use a POG mid and the Avery M3 Control is less inherently powerful than that racquet and doesn't offer the same degree of spin. The difference in head size is minimal and there isn't really a great jump in the size of the sweetspot. However, the Avery is a more comfortable racquet than the POG mid (although I do find it quite easy on my arm) and does swing lighter than a POG on spec (mine are under spec and have a swingweight of 310-315). I found a bit more juice on my serve with the POG mid but a bit more touch/feel with the Avery.

Unfortunately, they don't sell them out here and $180US (plus shipping) is a bit rich for me.

SFrazeur
11-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately, they don't sell them out here and $180US (plus shipping) is a bit rich for me.

Have you thought about contacting Avery concerning some sort of sponsorship.

jdeloach
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM

It didn't take long at all. I had several conversations with Tom Avery before he offered it to me. I have 2 racquets, bag, hats, shirts, strings, stencils, overwraps, and a few other things. I am really happy to represent Tom, he is an awesome guy!! 3D, email me for more info.

jeff@crosswordbible.com (mailto:jeff@crosswordbible.com)

jonajjs
03-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I got offered 50% off from Avery

I get 3 racquets for 300

basil J
03-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I playtested an avery m3 control last month against an aerogel 200. Excellent frame and if I hadn't invested in my redondo's I would have given it serious consideration. Good blend of comfort, power, control and spin. Good swingweight as well. Good choice for any style of play. strong in all areas except the looks dept. pretty ugly frame.