PDA

View Full Version : The "new" PC 600

Big Tigger
11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey all,

Ive seen many opinions on these boards about the PC 600 - I mean the one traded at TW. Well I am curious if it is a "real" PC 600. Can I have some feedback please?

And the ones who have playtested it, please tell me how it feels, ok?

TX

Big

Tennis Man
11-16-2006, 02:13 PM
try "search" and you shall find ... (actually it hasn't been working lately :()

grimmbomb21
11-16-2006, 02:48 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=104770

vsbabolat
11-16-2006, 05:55 PM
In my opinion I think it is a real Prestige. It was made in Kennelbach, Austria and finished in Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic. Both of those factories are owned by HEAD and the workers employed by HEAD.

rounick
11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
So anyone knows if this last batch was actually THE LAST batch?
Will there be a China made PC600?

(Designed in Austria,Made in China ...)!!

Anyway,my "last batch" PC600 play great,strung with Alu Rough/VS Touch or Alu Rough (for those damp days..) at 26.

But,GOAT racquet: Head XRC.Period.

Richie Rich
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
try "search" and you shall find ... (actually it hasn't been working lately :()

man, how often do you change your avatar? :smile: every day you seem to have a new one!!

Tennis Man
11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
man, how often do you change your avatar? :smile: every day you seem to have a new one!!

Why? Are you watching me or discussing tennis? :)
No, seriously. Do you really care what my avatar is?

Deuce
11-16-2006, 10:20 PM
But,GOAT racquet: Head XRC.Period.
Wow.

I don't know if I'd call it the best racquet ever, but the XRC is certainly one of them. A very distinctive feel. It simply flexes in all the right places and ways.

So... are you old, too? Did you play with the XRC when it was on the market?
I did. I was about 15 or 16 at the time. Had a couple of Arthur Ashe Competitions, as well - which were the racquets closest to the XRC in feel.

rounick
11-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Wow.

I don't know if I'd call it the best racquet ever, but the XRC is certainly one of them. A very distinctive feel. It simply flexes in all the right places and ways.

So... are you old, too? Did you play with the XRC when it was on the market?
I did. I was about 15 or 16 at the time. Had a couple of Arthur Ashe Competitions, as well - which were the racquets closest to the XRC in feel.

I am 26!I guess I'm not over the hill yet..

I started playing the game with my father at about 9 with a Yamaha (!) kids racquet.When I was old enough to play with a normal racquet I asked my father to get me a Donnay that Agassi was using at the time cause he was my hero then,but instead he got me a Prince cause he was a big Prince fan and didn't really care what I thought or liked (still doesn't..).
I have no way of knowing if it was for the better,but that Prince defined my racquet taste to this day.It was a very good racquet and I still got it.
Prince Graphite Sceptor.
A flexy medium-light 97 sq.in. frame with a very nice feel.
As I was getting older and better I started trying many new racquets and usually I would like them all at first but after a while I would take out my trusty Prince and decide I liked it better.
When I was about 15,16 an uncle of mine who was living all over the world working for a major bank (which he now practically owns..) gave me as a gift this old black racquet that he used to play with,when he visited during summer and we had a few hits.I thought it was a lousy gift at the time,this old used,plain black racquet with a head so small I thought it was a squash racquet.I just put it on a shelf somewhere and forgot about it for what became years.
Then I drifted away from tennis for some time cause I started studying at Uni and learned to windsurf-which became an obssesion-and when I started playing again I thought I should buy myself a new stick.
I got me a Babolat Pure Control.I thought it was going to be like my old faithful Prince.
Not even close.Again I liked at first cause it was new,but then one day during a friendly match I broke a string and only had my old Prince with me,so I played the rest of the game with that.It was a revelation.I was doing everything better.Since I was a kid my best weapon was the inside-out down the line forehand.It was-and still is-my favourite shot,but with the Babolat it had disappeared,I just couldn't do it..
I couldn't serve without pain and had no feel..I was used to stringing around 28-30 kilos,but when I had the Babolat strung like that it was unplayable and ungodly painful.I had NEVER experienced tennis elbow before,I would hear people talk about it and thought it was some kind of device.Now I knwew..When I strung it low (24) it was very powerful but no control and even less feel.But stupidly I kept on using it unwilling to admit my mistake.
Then one day I took this old black Head racquet with "XRC" written on it with me on practice,for fun really.I thought it would be funny to change racquets during play and just take this old stupidly small racquet out,and sure enough when my friend saw it we had a few good laughs.I thought I'd fool around with it for a couple of minutes and then use my regular stick.
And then we started playing.
I couldn't believe it.It was almost surreal.I expected to frame 9 out of 10 balls and net the 10th.Instead it was tennis as it should be.The most amazing feel ever.
And it was powerful.Really powerful,with tons of feedback and the bast sound ever.All of a sudden my inside-out forehand was back.My serve,I couldn't believe my serve,so much power and pin point accuracy,I never knew I could serve that well.Groundstrokes,it felt like the ball was reading my mind and went exactly where I wanted it too.I stopped and stared at this racquet scratching my head.
Then I tried the Babolat.Then the XRC again.Yes,it was the racquet.So I used it to play the usual friendly practice match and completely thrashed my friend.
Since that day I am love with this racquet and more so every time I use it.I make it a point to have people try it so they know what a true racquet is and not fall for all the bulls@#t out there.
But it also makes me sad because I can't find another one.I'm afraid to use it cause if something happens to it ,it's over.
So a while ago I got me a couple of Prestige Classics and am very happy with them.I'm gonna get some more to stock up,cause they're really nice and feel great.
But if I wanna feel perfection on a tennis court,or even when a tournament match gets tough,I just pull out my XRC out of the bag.It is always amusing to see some 17 years old kid's face turn from "what the hell is that thing?" to "how the hell did I lose?"!!
If there is a better racquet out there,I haven't seen it.

Richie Rich
11-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Why? Are you watching me or discussing tennis? :)
No, seriously. Do you really care what my avatar is?

i was joking. i was scrolling through some threads and noticed it changed frequently. do you really think you are that important that i would watch you that seriously?

Deuce
11-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Great story, rounick - thanks for posting it.
'NoBadMojo' would hate to read what you wrote - because it disproves all the nasty things he says about racquets that are smaller than 95 sq. in.

XRCs are out there for sale once in a while. I think Rabbit got one a year or so ago.
Arthur Ashe Competition racquets (1, 2, and 3) are more readily found, though. If you can get yourself one of those, I'm quite sure you'll like it.

And you'll like the Graphite Edge (and Graphite Edge 2), as well. These are a little bigger in the head - 81 sq. in. They feel great - and sound wonderful.

Thanks again for the story. It's good to see younger people understand, embrace and respect the past, rather than be fearful of it.

Rabbit
11-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Yep. I have an XRC I bought from the famous auction site. I wish I could remember who I got it from because he apparently has thousands of old sticks in like new condition. He was from the Middle East as I recall.

OnyxZ28
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I like the Graphite Edge. Not a fan of whatever the Graphite Edge SE was, though. Anyway, back on topic, the new Prestige needed a lot of lead before becoming remotely playable for me; I normally don't lead Prestiges.

rounick
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Deuce,
thank you for your nice words.
If you could please inform a bit on the following it would be most helpful:
what's your take on a "head arthur ashe competition edge"?Is this the racquet you're talking about?
Were these made before or after the XRC?
Do you have any info on specs (weight etc.)?
Thanx in advance.

Deuce
11-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Deuce,
thank you for your nice words.
If you could please inform a bit on the following it would be most helpful:
what's your take on a "head arthur ashe competition edge"?Is this the racquet you're talking about?
Were these made before or after the XRC?
Do you have any info on specs (weight etc.)?
Thanx in advance.
I never hit with the AA Competition Edge. It's supposed to be the Midsize version of the AA Competition racquets, all three of which were standard size. The AA Competition Edge came out well after the XRC.
I imagine it would be quite nice, as it is from about the same time as the Graphite Edge, which is exquisite.